Wednesday, August 12, 2015

August 11, 2015

Back to Work
August 11, 2015


 Learning to take a selfie
There has not been time for photos since I got home, so I will continue to share a few from our trip until I have time to get back to taking some pictures.

Having gotten home at midnight, by the time I helped unload the car, checked my emails, etc. it was 2:00 before I got to sleep.  We both overslept the 5:00 time for my antihistamine prior to my allergy shots.  So a little after 6:00 I took the medication and then the shots at 7:00.  I did some unpacking before going to the office around 10:00.

Ron was in the office all day doing work brought in by customers.  I helped some at the counter until I left for my doctor's appointment a little after lunch time.  This visit was for the results of the biopsies done when I had the endoscopy done at the hospital a couple of weeks ago.  This time I saw the Nurse Practitioner who just happens to be the doctor's wife.  She went over all the results with me.  There is no cancer.  There is no bacterial infection that often leads to the types of problems they found during the procedure.
Photo bomb bunny
So when she finished with that information, I said, "So that's the good news.  What is the bad news?"  She opened a desk drawer and pulled out a sheet of paper and said, "This diet for 6-9 months."  The sheet just listed the things I can't have.  I asked what I could have.  She named a few things.  Anyway the bottom line is that I am to have nothing acidic or that can be hard on the stomach.  No citrus: oranges, grapefruit, limes, lemons, or pineapple.  No tomato products: No fresh tomatoes, pasta sauce, pizza, lasagna, or spaghetti.  No sodas:  Yikes!  Dr. Peppers are my mainstay.  No coffee except with food already in stomach.  No problem, I don't drink coffee.  No chocolate - not too bad.  I like it, but can do without.  No vinegar based products: No vinegar based salad dressing, olives, pickles, and jalapenos that are preserved with vinegar; no salsa from a jar.  Not a big problem.  No peppermint - no problem, gave it up long ago - really bad for acid reflux.  No excessively spicy food.  Never have liked those.  So, it will be an inconvenience, but I can live with it.  She prescribed a much stronger Prilosec.

At this time they don't recommend the surgery for the hiatus hernia.  So all in all, it was good news.  The stomach problems are rather severe, but should heal in time with the increase in the Prilosec and the changes in diet.  At the hospital they had also said to avoid tea.  That was not on this list.  I have always watered down my tea by about a 50/50 ratio of tea and water.  I may try making it weaker.
Snoopy the cat that lives on the porch of the lodge.
Following the visit to the doctor's office I returned to the shop and prepared and took a bank deposit before going home to straighten things up a little before quilting.  As often happens, I fell asleep in the recliner and woke up just a couple of minutes before they came.

It was good to get to visit with friends.  We all had fun chatting and a couple of them had projects to show off.  I did some fabric ironing while they were here.  Mom had not come to quilting, so after they left I went to her house to check on her.  She was just not feeling real good. We had a short visit before I headed home to get some much needed sleep.
 Young female cardinal

No comments:

Post a Comment