Thursday, October 9, 2014

October 9, 2014

Happy Ending to My Day
October 9, 2014


Oldest Granddaughter worked on this project of her own design this evening.
This was another day that was rather busy.  I had so much I needed to do at the office and was able to get most of it done.  Ron was out a lot of the day.  I had a steady flow of customers, especially as soon as I got out my lunch.  Never fails!

One customer was a friend from childhood.  We went to school together all of our growing up years.  We had a nice visit.  She had one funny story about her dog that barks every time an orange falls off a tree in their yard.  Her dog woke her at 4:00 this morning to let her know an orange had fallen.  Her reward she said was a beautiful moon with circles of color around it.  Sorry I missed it.  Of course even if I had a dog, I would not hear it bark since I take my sound processor off at night.

Several customers wanted to chat today.  I think they were enjoying the air conditioning since our heat index was 100 degrees!  A couple of customers wanted discounts.  I will give a discount when they buy enough that I can get a price break from my supplier.  When I buy padlocks, I get a price break at 50 on some of the sizes.  If someone buys 50 I will pass on the break to them.  One customer wanted a break on the price of 2 duplicate keys.  No.  He kept pushing and giving me reasons I should do it.  I don't mind if they ask, but they need to accept my answer.

Today several messages came from my sister who is looking after Mom's needs while she is in the rehab center.  Yesterday started well, but Mom wore out by the end of the day (me, too).  Today her blood pressure was real low, so she was weak.  They think they have that worked out as maybe a medication issue.  Please continue praying for Mom.  She has been making amazing progress and today was a little setback, but this evening was better.  We want her to be able to attend Stephen's wedding and she wants to be there - she has just under a month!  I think she will make it to the wedding.

Speaking of the wedding, we got our hotel reservation made today and the event is just a month away.  Stephen was able to locate some of the decorations I wanted that were sold out locally.  That takes a big concern off of me.  Plus they were on sale and he was able to get another discount.  Things are looking up.  I also placed an order for some other things I wanted to use, so tomorrow if I get the other order placed, I will be 90% or more of the way through the buying - then on to the assembling.  The place is going to let us have the room all day so that will really help in being able to set up early and give us time if we see we need something else.

Late in the afternoon our daughter-in-law texted to see if we could watch some of the grandchildren this evening.  She said she would bring supper for all of us.  How could I pass that up?  Grandchildren AND food.  That is a win/win situation!  We had a wonderful time.  The children spent most of the time in the LEGO room building and playing.  The girls also worked with the Lincoln Logs.  I guess all of the house hunting their parents are doing made them decide to design one themselves.  One of the girls brought some school work.
 She just finished her history homework.
Later in the evening while I baked cupcakes, the girls did some sewing.  They are doing such a good job.  They are not following prescribed methods, but they are having fun.  Their Mom showed up about the time we were getting ready to eat cupcakes.  She stayed a while, allowing them to have their cupcakes and play some more.


The children's chatter at the table does become a loud rumble to me and there are times I have to step away or remove the sound processor for a minute or two.  They are happy sounds, but to my hearing they all run together into a loud "noise".   I have a lot of trouble identifying sounds and don't know when I should be worried about one and when they are just playful sounds.  But having them here for the evening was a happy ending to my day.  What a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment