Saturday, October 11, 2014

October 11, 2014

Saturday Rain Showers 
And a Birthday Celebration
October 11, 2014


During the night last night we had some rain.  There was another shower during the morning and at least one this afternoon.  In between the showers, the sun would come out and the rain drops would glisten on the tree leaves and the air would turn to a steamy sauna.  Hot.  Muggy.  Beautiful.

My housekeeper showed up nice and early and got the house sparkling clean.  I spent most of the morning doing laundry and cleaning the kitchen.  The laundry is finished, but the kitchen, although it isn't perfect, is a lot better than it was.  Between the two of us, we got a lot done.
Our son Jeff with Ron's mom
Early in the afternoon, we picked up some lunch and took it to Ron's mom's house to celebrate her 90th birthday.  Jeff and his family joined us.  This was another of those times when my hearing or lack of hearing created a problem.  I told Barb we would bring the food.  She thought we were each bringing our own food and she may have said that and I didn't hear her or I misunderstood what she said.  It worked out.  The children at the burgers and fries they brought and the adults at the Kentucky Fried Chicken we brought.

Barb brought a yummy birthday cake that we all enjoyed.  We had a good time celebrating and being entertained by the grandchildren.  What a joy they are.  Ron's mom had a good time with them.  They are so quick to share hugs and love with all of the family and they make each family member feel so special.
While we ate lunch, we had one of those rain showers.  On the way home the sky was very dark in several directions, but it was all moving away from us and we didn't get any more during the afternoon.
We hurried home to change clothes and get to the church for a memorial service for the husband of a young woman in our church.  We did not know him well, but we have known her for all of her life.  She has two very sweet, talented children and they have some rough days ahead, but they know where their dad is spending eternity - in Heaven with the Lord.

Once we had left the church we went by my mom's house and then home.  I left to do some shopping.  I found some of the things I was looking for and some I didn't.

I might have gotten a little more shopping done if the sunset had not been so amazing.   I spent a lot of time taking photos of the beautiful display of God's handiwork.
The most unique thing about this sunset is that those sunbeams coming through the opening in the clouds, went all the way across the sky.  I am not sure if you can tell it in this next photo, but the sunbeams went to the opposite horizon.

The pink sunbeam is right between the two tall lights in the parking lot.

I kept talking photos until almost dark.  God is so awesome in His creativity.  There is a cool front in the area and that is where the rain came from.  The last storms in the front were about 40 miles away and  the sun was peeking through a hole in those clouds. 


Here is my mom with Jeff's children last Saturday while she was making good progress.  We need that progress back on track. My mom has had a very rough day.  They had removed a patch that was for her pain, thinking that it was a factor in the low blood pressure.  Removing it allowed the pain to return with a vengeance.  Then they put the patch back on and she got some relief fairly quickly.  But they have had trouble keeping her medications straight.  I suspect the doctor didn't leave the new instructions.  Please continue to pray and drop her a note when you have time.  My brother will be going in a couple of days to help out for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment