Thursday, October 16, 2014

October 16, 2014

Checking Things Off My List
October 16, 2014


One of the things on my "to do list" today was to see my daughter-in-law and the grandchildren.  
I only got to see Barb and the girls, but that is pretty good.

This morning I spent time at the house before leaving with a "to do list" of things I needed to accomplish today.  Before leaving the house, I did laundry and cleaning.  I organized the rehearsal dinner items and found one of the tablecloths that was hiding from me.  Items were counted and recounted.  Then it was time to do a little shopping.  My mother-in-law had something she needed for me to get and I had a couple of shower gifts to get.  Those took a little time, but actually were marked off the list easily.  Next I went to the office supply store for ink for my printer to be sure I had enough to print the rehearsal dinner invitations.  A couple of other stops were on the list and I got one of them done before picking up lunch on the way to the office a little ahead of schedule.

The main things I needed to do at the office got done.  In fact, I think only a couple of items on the "to do list" are not done and for the length of the list, that is not bad at all.  At the office I had to pay all the bills for the next two weeks and take care of a variety of things that I normally do and Ron doesn't know how to do.  I will be staying in the area where Mom is for the next two weeks.  The first few days, I will be attending some wedding showers for our son and his fiance and then helping our son pack up things in his apartment, to do a little painting before he moves out, and doing a little cleaning.  We will be running errands to try to tie up loose ends on the preparations for the rehearsal dinner.  Then early next week I will go to my sister's house and stay there to be close to Mom for a while as my sister cares for her adorable little granddaughter for a week.  By the time I get home, it will be just a week until we need to leave for the wedding.  It is finally almost here.  It has seemed to take forever, but now the days are seeming to fly by at super sonic speed!

The last time I stayed up there and left Ron at home, he wore his coveralls to church.  I am afraid to leave him again.  Would someone check on him while I am away???  He tried to tell me there was a good reason for the coveralls...

In the afternoon at the office I worked on all that paper work and then composed and printed the rehearsal invitations.  They are ready to be mailed out as soon as I address the envelopes.  That was a MAJOR thing to get off the "to do list" since I won't have my printer with me while I am gone. 

After work I met my daughter-in-law at Mom's house and we worked on selecting what Mom will wear to the wedding.  She plans to be there "with bells on."  Well, maybe not bells, but we are praying that she will be feeling well enough to be there for the wedding.  It will mean so much to Stephen for her to be there, and she doesn't want to miss it.

When I picked up my lunch, I had picked up supper and Barb picked up supper for her and her girls.  We ate and visited.  Then while Barb and I worked on clothing, one of the girls watered the plants on the decks and the other two set up the bowling pins down the hall.  That is one of the kids favorite activities at Mom's house.  Those plastic bowling pins are on their second generation of kids.

Once I got home it was time to start packing.  That is what I did... START packing.  I still have much to do.  I did the last load of laundry and worked in the kitchen for a bit.  I guess I better close this and finish packing.  We did talk to the groom-to-be this evening and he is eager to have a little help this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment