Sunday, October 26, 2014

October 26, 2014

Back to Church!
October 26, 2014



It is very rare that I miss four Sunday services in a row at our church.  Two of those Sundays we attended church services in other cities, but it had been so long since I had been at our church.  I hope for each of you, four Sundays without being in church would feel like a long time! 

Most of the members of our Sunday School class had been at the gathering last night, so I had seen them.  There is an elderly couple who usually sit behind us in church and the lady quickly told me she had missed me recently and she wanted an update on how my mom is doing.  Several others commented on having not seen me in a while. 

Somehow, the little radio I use in church did not get back in my Sunday tote bag, so during the service was very difficult to hear the sermon and what I did hear, was excellent.  The pastor has been dealing with some tough issues lately and doing it very well.

My youngest granddaughter was delighted to see me when I picked her up in the nursery as is my habit when I am there.  I had seen her a few times this month, but other family members had been picking her up after the service.  All the grandchildren were as glad to see me as I was to see them (and their parents). 

We went to Wendy's for lunch.  Barbara missed out since she had to take our oldest grandson to a Boy Scout event in Harlingen.  Ron and I enjoyed the time with Jeff and his other 6 children.  I had been out of town for a couple of birthdays this month.  One was our oldest granddaughter and the other was her mom.  Today I had the gift I had bought for our granddaughter.  She opened it at lunch.
 Sometimes you know you made the right choice on a gift.  The blur shows her jumping out of her chair to run and give me a hug.

The gift was a silver necklace of a mother horse and her colt.  She just started riding lessons this past week and loves the lessons and the horse she rides.

After our lunch and visit, we came home and Ron took a nap while I worked on a quilt and some laundry.


Early in the evening I put some chicken on to cook and then had a nice LONG phone call with daughter-in-law Vickey.  She had been to a Writers' and Speakers' Conference for three days and was so excited about all that she had heard and learned.  She will be used by God as she follows the leads she has gotten this weekend.  We are so very proud of her for stepping out to do some new things in her life. 

I returned to the quilt work and got some done before bedtime.  It was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment