Saturday, October 25, 2014

October 24, 2014

Home Again, Home Again!
October 24, 2014

Hibiscus plants taking over the backyard!

As tired as I had been when I got to our son David's house Thursday night, I woke up at 3:30 and could not go back to sleep.  I dozed off and on, but it was a very restless night.  It was about 10:00 when I left David's and stopped to pick up some breakfast on my way out of town.  The GPS got me where I needed to be with only one little problem and that was not the fault of the GPS.  The exit I needed to get onto the freeway to come home, was blocked for repairs and the detour included 4, four way stops which took a lot of time, but soon I was on my way.  I got very sleepy again and struggled much of the way to stay alert.  I ate to stay awake.  I am surprised I didn't gain 10 pounds on the trip home.

A couple of times I had to stop to walk around the car to wake up.  I stopped for food and gas and walks and arrived home with no real problems (only being sleepy) about 3:30.  That is longer than the trip should have taken, but I needed those extra stops.  I unloaded the car and cleaned it out, but I need to take it to the car wash very soon.

We met our friends for supper and it was good to catch up and visit with them.  Our friend Dennis had to leave a little early and Ron left to go home and mow the backyard that was knee deep in grass.  Pat and I stayed for a while to visit.  Then I went by Mom's house and left her car and picked mine up that had been sitting in front of her house for a month.  Ron had taken it to get the a/c fixed while I was gone.  I watered a few plants and got the mail and headed home.

Ron and I spent a long time catching up on what we had each accomplished during the week.  He had a couple of doctor appointments while I was gone and had to deal with the flooding rains.  Our two oldest granddaughters started horse ridding lessons while I was gone.  I will have to go watch soon.  Boots, blue jeans and cowgirl shirts and hats and they look lovely on the horses.  The oldest has such perfect posture and looks beautiful sitting up on the horse (I have seen photos).  They are excited about the new adventure.

We have a busy days ahead starting Saturday night with a dinner with a large group of friends.  Thankfully Ron ordered a pie at Luby's for me to take since I don't have much in the house in the way of food.  It will be good to catch up with these friends.  I think I have missed the last four Sundays at our church.  I am eager to go back!!!

I must say that it is always nice to be home, but coming into town yesterday, I have to say that Brownsville was the most beautiful spot along the whole drive from Dallas.  EVERYTHING is green and after the lightening in this week's rain, it is a vibrant green.  Everything is lush and blooming.  There is so much work that needs to be done in the yard, but the mosquitoes are vicious and blood thirsty!  They attack the minute I open the door.  It is good to be home.

 This plant on the left is taking over the walkway into the backyard.  I will have to take the clippers out there with me the next time I go and cut a path.   

Thank you, God for the rains.  Our area was so thirsty.  There is so much beauty in this part of South Texas.  Yes, it is hot in the summer, but the beauty of the vegetation  is wonderful. 

Again, I kept falling asleep writing my blog, so I gave up and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment