Sunday, October 26, 2014

October 25, 2014

Sleepy Saturday
October 25, 2014



This morning my husband tried to wake me up several times.  He says after 5 times, he gave up and decided I needed the sleep.  My housekeeper usually comes between 7:30 and 8:00.  This morning she rang the bell at 6:30 and Ron's alarm clock had just gone off.  He wondered who could be at the door at 6:30 a.m.  It was the housekeeper.  She had misread her clock.  He told her that it was not a problem and that she could go ahead and work.  It was 8:00 before I woke in a panic thinking I had not gotten up in time to let the housekeeper in to work.

This morning the housekeeper's sister also came at 7:30 and they both worked.  Naturally that means they got a lot done and I really appreciated it.  I did a little work in the kitchen and filled bird feeders in the backyard.  It took the birds less than one minute to find that I was home and had filled the feeders.


After they left, I started doing laundry and got two loads done.  I fixed lunch and Ron and I ate and talked.  Then we both worked in the yard for a while.  He worked a lot longer and a lot harder than I did. We have a weeping willow tree out by the water that had a very large section hanging over the resaca and he took that portion off before the whole thing fell into the water.  Then he had to haul the huge section out and cut it up.  That took a lot of work and a lot of time. 
The portion of the tree Ron removed is in the water.
For a while I helped work the "come along" winch, and we got it out a little at a time.  After the main portion was on the bank, I left the rest of the work to him.  Of course it had to be cut up and hauled to the brush pile.  I worked trimming the hibiscus plants that were taking over the backyard and the plant by the back door that was trying to block my path.

I left to run a couple of errands.  I picked up a pie at Luby's and went by Mom's house.  Once I got home I worked in the house for a while on some laundry and unpacking.  There is still unpacking to be done.

In the evening Ron and I went to a dinner with friends.  It is always good to be with friends and especially after I had been out of town for so much of the last month.  One of the ladies in our class had a knee replacement done while I was gone and she is healing well.  I was sorry I had not done any visiting while she was healing, but I just ran out of hours in town.

The gathering was a covered dish supper, visiting, and singing.  Most of the singing was old hymn favorites.  There were a  few patriotic songs thrown in.  Several of the people in the group were new to most of us and it was nice to see them enjoy a casual gathering with good friends who love the Lord.
All ages were included from the young and silly, to the old and slow.
Exhaustion has caught up with me.  Soon after we got home, I told Ron I just had to get some sleep.  I was asleep by 10:00 and was glad to get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment