Wednesday, October 22, 2014

October 20, 2014

Monday Errands and
A Trip to See Mom
October 20, 2014


Ron had gone home Sunday evening after the bridal shower so it was just Stephen and me at the apartment.  We decided we wanted to sleep a little late Monday morning, so we slept until 8:30.   Stephen does some of the buying for the store where he works, and needed to make a trip to the World Trade Market of Dallas, so I was delighted to go with him.  As I did the last time I went with him, I was able to get some things for us to sell at our office.  Then I picked up a few more items.  He took care of the things he needed to and  from there, we went to pick up some lunch at Whataburger.  That is Stephen's favorite place, but not Kristina's so he was glad to go with me.

I forgot to mention, at the Trade Market, there is one section with all sorts of decorative items and I was able to find some things for the Rehearsal Dinner.  I also made Stephen promise to take me again if I ever get rich.  They have some wonderful, unique items there.

We went by the apartment to change into more comfortable clothes.  As a buyer, he dresses up a little and so did I.  Our next stop was the bakery that will be making the Groom's cake for the Wedding Reception.  I had made a down payment for the cake, but wanted to pay off the rest of it.  It was nice to talk to one of the cake decorators about the design.  She is excited about doing the cake.

We went by the place where the Rehearsal Dinner will be and checked on a few details.  We have lots of ideas - just limited by time and money.  Oh, well.  We set one table as it will be that evening and we were pleased with the outcome.  We went to a couple of other stores in that shopping center and I got some fabric to use at the dinner.

Later in the evening, I drove to South Lake where Mom is.  My sister Debbie had arrived to stay for a few days.  We had a nice visit and Mom was doing better than over the weekend.  Stephen had programmed my phone GPS to get me there and told me a couple of pieces of information that really helped.  BUT...  (They is usually a "but")  He didn't tell me how to program it for my return trip.  My sister tried to help, but it didn't work.  So I set out.  I got back to Dallas with no problems.  BUT I had no idea where I was in Dallas.  Well, that is not entirely true.  I could see the lights of downtown and kept heading that way.  I went through the heart of downtown.  Then I headed the direction I thought I should be, but eventually called Stephen.  I was only about 2 miles from the apartment by then. 

Next I had one of those "deaf person" problems.  Stephen was still out at Kristina's making room in the garage for some of his boxes.  I had locked the door.  In Texas, all apartments must have a "keyless" deadbolt so that the tenant can lock themselves safely in and the manager can not use the master key and come in.  Normally that lock is on top, then the regular deadbolt, followed by the door knob at the bottom.  So I locked the door knob and the lock above it, leaving the top one unlocked so Stephen could get in with his key when he got home. 

I was talking on the phone to Vickey and had another call.  It was Stephen asking me to let him in the apartment.  I did, and he explained that I locked the wrong lock.  On this apartment, the keyless deadbolt is in the middle, not on the top.  If I had not been talking to Vickey, I would not have heard my phone.  If I had  not been talking to Vickey, I might have taken my sound processor off and never heard Stephen phoning or knocking.  He said he was thinking about sleeping in his car all night.  If you have normal hearing, thank God for it right now, please.

We talked for a while after he got home and both went to bed exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment