Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October 14, 2014

A Cricket is Good Luck, Right?
October 14, 2014



This morning I was tired after working on my blog until after midnight last night.  I had a long email to respond to and time just got away from me.  I was later getting to the office than I had intended, but we weren't real busy today.  There were spells off and on that got busy, but also some slow spells.

Once I got to the office, I did some assorted office work chores and then finished the blog for yesterday.  During the afternoon I paid bills and waited on customers.  I noticed that one of our AT&T bills keeps moving the due date up.  How can they do that?


After work, I went by Mom's and watered some plants.  Then I came home and changed clothes to go look for something to wear to our son's wedding in 3 1/2 weeks.  No progress on that.  Most things that might be OK were black.  That won't work.  The next most popular color is navy blue.  That won't work either.  I think I am in trouble!  Hope to go to a seamstress tomorrow.  After going to 6 or 7 stores I picked up supper on the way home at 9:00.  So here it is 10:01 and I have just finished supper.


A funny thing happened while I was out.  I had parked by one of the mall entrances and as I was walking up, a bug flew at me.  I brushed it off and went on into a store to shop.  No one offered to help me in the formal dress shop, and I didn't see anything that would work, so I left.  I went to Chick-fil-A and ordered my supper.  The man waiting on me had the nicest smile.  I almost complimented him on it.  On the way home I kept hearing a noise in the car.  I am driving my mom's car and so I am not used to all its unique noises.  I started to worry that something was wrong.

When I got home, I walked into the living room to talk to Ron and something flew past me.  It was the bug from the mall.  I guess he went shopping with me and to Chick-fil-A.  Maybe that is why I didn't get waited on in the formal dress shop, and why the guy at Chick-fil-A had such a nice smile.  It was a cricket.  I do not like crickets.  They are noisy.  I told Ron to get rid of it for me.  It took a while and some furniture moving before he caught it.  At least nothing is wrong with Mom's car.  As I have said, some sounds don't sound normal with the Cochlear Implant.  No noise in the car except a cricket!
 

Source:Cartoon Cricket Clip Art from ClipartLogo.com (by jonata)

No comments:

Post a Comment