Wednesday, November 4, 2015

November 2 & 3, 2015

Sick and Sleeping My Days Away
November 2 & 3, 2015

Red hibiscus blooming outside my sewing room window

On the way home from McAllen on Sunday, I felt like I was coming down with a cold.  That night I tossed and turned much of the night.  I had an 8:30 dental appointment to start the process to get three new crowns which will be made into one piece to take care of the problem where I had the root canal a couple of months ago.

When I woke up Monday morning I was feeling a little better than the evening before.  The three hours in the dental chair leaning back did not help matters and by the time we were down to the last hour, I was getting pretty shaky.  I finished there and went to our office for a little bit, but Ron suggested I go home and I quickly accepted.  I felt terrible and slept the afternoon away.  During the evening I did not feel up to doing anything but when it was time to go to sleep, I could not go to sleep in the bed and moved to the recliner where I coughed less than in the bed. 

It was a restless night but I was up at 6:00 to get ready to go to the doctor for an 8:00 appointment to get the results of blood work done a couple of weeks ago and since I already had the appointment, I would have her check me out for the congestion.  The blood work was all perfect and I spent two hours there with a strep test, a test to see if I had the flu, chest x-rays, and a breathing treatment.  By the time I left, I was tired but feeling a little better. 

A stop at the drugstore to drop off the prescriptions, was the first item of business and then a stop at the shop to check on the mail.  I went back to the drugstore and then to home.  After a quick lunch I went to sleep and slept until 5:00.  The fever would come and go, as would the coughing.  Ate a little supper and tried to sew, but ended up turning the machine off after only threading it.  If you know me, you know that means I am sick!

Ron is doing his best to keep his distance since when he takes something like this he is really sick with it.  Sadly, he has to come near me to hear me since my voice is almost gone.  Hearing the doctor was a challenge.  One of the nurses is pretty easy for me to hear, but the doctor and x-ray technician both had to repeat a lot.  

The only photos I took were through the dirty windows.  I did not feel like going outside; I did not have the strength to battle the mosquitoes!

1 comment:

  1. Please drink plenty of fluids to keep hydrated. Warm water with lemon and honey is easy to swallow and helps some. I hope you are able to stay in bed and rest till the worst is over. Love you!