Thursday, November 12, 2015

November 12, 2015

Finally, A Cool Front
November 12, 2015

I posted this a few days ago, but I am still playing with the same pattern, 
just different fabrics and I didn't take a photo of them at the office.  
Tomorrow I will show you the ones I have made at the office.

Last night before going to bed I checked the weather and they said we should get a cool front overnight (last night) between 2:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.  They were off by about 8 hours.  It arrived late this afternoon and without the rain that was predicted.  This evening it is nice and cool (75 degrees).  It will be a while before we get a cold front.

I was up early this morning and went to the office early so that Ron could take his aunt to the airport.  She had a good visit and we hope she will come again before too long.  I expect that Ron's mom enjoyed having someone to visit with for a few days.

During the day, my voice got weaker and weaker.  I don't know why it keeps doing this.  My throat feels fine, but I sure have trouble being heard with with squeaky, weak voice. It was hard for me to wait on customers today.  They could not hear me and so as long as Ron was in the office, I had him take care of all of them.  He was out for a little while, but I was not too busy while he was out.

During the afternoon, I did sew for a little while.  I played with a variation on a very common quilt pattern and just dug through the scrap boxes I keep at the office to play with the pattern.  The photo above is one I worked on here at the house last week, but it is the same pattern.  I hope to work on it a little more tomorrow.  I also went through one scrap box and tossed a few pieces that were too small or too ugly to keep.  Other pieces I folded for safe keeping for our granddaughters, and the last batch are ones I want to keep. 

After work we met our friends for supper and it was a little noisy tonight.  My friend Pat had more trouble hearing me than I did hearing her.  My voice just would not carry in the restaurant.  We had to laugh at supper.  I always want very weak tea to drink.  That is simply beyond the understanding of most waiters and waitresses.  I usually ask for 1/2 tea and 1/2 water.  Tonight I got a glass of water.  Pat stopped the waiter and told him what I wanted.  Ron tried to show him.  It took a couple of more tries before he got it right.  The tea was good and I glad they kept trying.  Maybe he just couldn't hear me.

I think I must be tired and need to go to bed.  I just looked down at my hands as I was typing and noticed that although I had painted my fingernails about an hour ago, I had somehow missed one!  Time to go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment