Friday, November 27, 2015

November 24 & 25, 2015

It's Beginning to Smell a
 Lot Like Thanksgiving
November 24 & 25, 2015



Yesterday, was cool and beautiful as the day started.  By late in the day it was getting warm.  My day started with an 8:15 appointment at the heart doctor's office.  It was about 9:15 when I left and he said all was well and to come back in 6 months.  Before going to our office, I went to Staples to get some office supplies.  Our local store have been cut in half and apparently they will be renting out the other half of their building.

It was later than usual when I got to the office.  I unloaded the supplies I had bought and then spent the day working on a couple of projects.  Ron was in the office most of the day.  He was waiting for UPS to deliver parts for several jobs and they did not come until about 4:00.  Usually they are there no later than 2 and often earlier.

During the afternoon I cut out some pieces for a quilt in progress.  After work I went by my mom's house and visited for a while.  I updated her on our boys and their activities.  Jim had been out running errands and when he came in Mom invited me to join all of them for supper (including my napping sister).  I declined the offer since I had grocery shopping I needed to do.  Mom had a pre-Christmas gift for me before I left - Santa in a hot air balloon.

The grocery store I went to was packed and as usual, children were running up and down the aisles which made shopping difficult.  I could not find my shopping list until I went to check out, and then found it.  I had forgotten a few things on it so I had to go back Wednesday.  At home I put away the groceries and fixed my supper since Ron was at his mom's for supper.

Later in the evening I was able to have a good talk with our youngest son on the phone.  Later I talked to our son and daughter-in-law in Albuquerque.  They are having several guests over for Thanksgiving lunch and so they were busy getting things ready. It was late when I got to bed and it was not a very restful night.

Today (Wednesday) I woke to a rainy day.  I didn't know it was coming.  One the way to the office, I stopped at Wal-Mart to finish my shopping and of course got a lot I had not planned to get.

At the office it was a slow day.  Ron was in all day.  They jobs he wanted to do, the customers wanted to put off until Friday.  Once the mail came, I prepared a deposit and took it to the bank on my way home.  I had planned another stop, but the rain had gotten heavier and I  did not want to get soaked, so I came on home.

The kitchen needed a good cleaning before I started on the Thanksgiving preparations.  I am in charge of the turkey and the dressing at my mom's house.  I am doing the whole lunch at Ron's mom's house.   I made some of the things and to make my day tomorrow easier.  Then I baked a couple of pies.  I could not stand it and had a piece of the cherry pie I baked (about midnight).  It is yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I love to read that you had a good conversation with your children. Thrills my heart & makes me say a quick prayer of thanks for your cochlear implant!!! God is good!!!

    ReplyDelete