Wednesday, November 11, 2015

November 11, 2015

Veterans Day 2015
November 11, 2015


My dad who served during WWII

God blessed me when He chose for me to born in America.  People of most countries are proud of their homeland, but Americans are unique in that ours is a country made up of people from many nations, most of whom came here for the freedom they felt that America had to offer.  That freedom has come at a price through the ages.  I would like to thank all of the men and women who have served over the years in the various branches of our military, protecting not only our country, but many other nations around the world.
My grandfather (my dad's father) served in WWI

Ron woke me this morning and asked how I was feeling.  I told him I was a little better than yesterday.  He offered to close the office for Veterans' Day and let me stay home.  I knew he already had jobs promised, so I thanked him, but went to the office.  He was out much of the afternoon. 

On my way to the office, I stopped by our church office to leave something and the church school was having a large program to honor many veterans.  The parking lot was almost full.  At the office, I spent the day on desk work.  There were several customers in, but it was slower than the previous couple of days.

Ron made phone calls for me this morning.  He had to make several.  I really appreciate him doing that for me.  He had to get me a hair appointment, reschedule my dental work, confirm an appointment in Houston, cancel an appointment with the allergist, check on some forms that had been sent to our shop insurance provider, and on and on.  It was a long list today.

I left the office about 30 minutes early and came straight home.  I watered some plants and filled some ponds and fountains, and then fixed my supper.  Ron was going to his mom's again since his aunt leaves tomorrow.  They had a nice visit. 

My evening was spent working on a quilt in progress.  The lady who has been machine quilting my quilts recently said she could quilt it if I get it to her next week.  I need to get moving and finish this quilt.  All the blocks are made and about 1/2 of the top is put together.  I should be able to have it ready for her.

My voice is still not completely healed.  I can talk a little better today, but it is still weak and scratchy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment