Saturday, June 7, 2014

June 6, 2014

Family Fridays
June 6, 2014

My Fridays at work are my favorite day of the week since usually our oldest grandson comes to the office to spend time with us.  As has been the case for the last several months, he left in the early afternoon to go with a man from the church to learn electronic and computer things.  So today, our oldest granddaughter came early in the afternoon to stay the rest of the day.  Both of the children are a joy to have in the office. 

Our grandson spent much of his time working with my husband on a job that Ron needed an extra helper on.  I didn't have as much time with him as usual.  When our granddaughter arrived, she gathered all the trash and did a couple of other chores.  She is a cleaning pixie.  She loves to clean.  What a blessing.  After she did a few chores, she sewed for a while.  I just gave her the pile of scraps, turned on the sewing machine, and she selected colors that blended and worked on three different types of ideas.  She is creative.

Much of my time was on the computer as I searched through some of my bird photos to see if there were some I might like put on t-shirts.  A friend has a printing business and he has a new machine that can do great things with photos on t-shirts.  I am trying to think what I would like to try first.  I will keep you updated!  This is a very affordable option when you want just a few shirts.  He can do just one or several and I am so eager to try it out. 

Hearing issues went pretty well.  I dealt with a lot of customers during the day and my main problems were that not all spoke the same language that I speak.  I could hear them, but I didn't know what they were saying.  During the afternoon I spent time writing some emails to answer some I had received.  At supper, we met our Friday night supper friends and I did a little better hearing than past weeks,  I did better hearing the guys (our husbands) across the table than my friend beside me, but that has not always been the case.

Once I got home, I spent the remainder of the evening relaxing and reading.  I did a little cleaning in the sewing room and downloaded some books to my Kindle for our trip to Houston.  Just after I took off my Cochlear sound processor to go to bed, our youngest son called to chat for a while.  It takes a little bit of time to hook up the cable from the sound processor to the phone - maybe only 30 seconds if I am wearing the sound processor and have the cable nearby, but I had to get the cable out of my purse and put the battery back on the processor so he had to wait a bit while I got ready to chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment