Friday, June 13, 2014

June 13, 2014

Shopping With My Grandson
June 13, 2014

Fridays are when our oldest grandson usually joins us at the office.  Today he was doing some restocking when I arrived at the office.  Before I went to the office, I had spent time working in the backyard and was ready to go shop for some items for the yard.  I took my grandson with me to Home Depot and Lowe's after Ron returned to the office from running some errands.  I was looking for something to use for a border around a flower bed I hope to create this weekend.

My grandson was so helpful taking down stones from the various piles to see what thy would look like as a flower bed border and to see on the curved stones, how large a circle they would make.  We must have tried out a dozen different types of border bricks, stones, and cement blocks.  Finally we selected what we liked and loaded them and some bedding soil along with a couple of liners for hanging baskets.  I think my work is cut out for me tomorrow.

Just walking around the garden areas of Home Depot and Lowe's left my grandson and me very hot and tired.  As soon as we got back to the office we had an early lunch.  We had some very good discussions while we worked in my office.   I had him make a couple of phone calls for me and he is getting very good at doing that chore.  Later our second grandson arrived at the office and eventually the two boys left with our friend from the church to go do some computer work.

During the afternoon I worked on a bank deposit and some bookkeeping chores.  We got very busy at the end of the day.  It seems every time Ron runs an errand, I get very busy with a lot of customers.  We both cut a lot of keys at the end of the day.

We met our friends for supper and had a great time laughing and talking about our lives.  It is always a good way to end our week by meeting these friends.  From there Ron and I each headed out to get gas in our cars and I needed to get mine washed.  I think some day, I may fall asleep while my car is in the car wash.  I find it so relaxing to be in the car as solutions are sprayed on the car and then washed away and I am sitting there where I can't do anything else except maybe to read.  It is just a relaxing time for me.
Here is my view as the wax is applied to my car while in the car wash.

The rest of the evening was quiet and I spent time reading and working on the computer.  It has been a good day.  As for the quality of sound from my sound processor, I find it to not be delivering a clear, crisp sound.  I am not sure why.  I think tomorrow I will do some experimenting.  Tomorrow looks like a long, busy day.  We have yard work and in the afternoon there is a church fish fry at our son's house.  I need to get groceries so we can have Father's Day lunch here Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment