Tuesday, June 24, 2014

June 23, 2014

Problems with My New Phone
June 24, 2014


My new cell phone has been helpful with Cochlear Implant.  I can at least hear it ringing!  But over the weekend it went dead.  Nothing I could do did any good.  So first thing Monday morning I took it to the Sprint store and after about an hour they called to say it was ready.  The repairman said it was a light sensor.  Hmm?  I asked if it was something I did wrong that I might by accident do again, and he said no.  Yea!  No charge since I had insurance.

On the new phone I was given a free 30-day trial of a voice message to text application.  I LIKE it!  It is great for me since often on voice mail I have no idea who it is or why they are calling.  The transcribed messages are amazingly accurate.  I think I may go ahead and pay for that option at the end of the month.

This is being written Tuesday afternoon instead of the expected Monday night.  I was not feeling well last night and was also exhausted, so I didn't try to post last night.  The day started with me getting up at 5:15 and going to the gym for the first time in a while.  I did pretty well considering I hadn't been there in a while, but I had been doing a lot of yard work.
A re-potted fern.

At the office, it was a slow day, but I had a lot of odds and ends to work on like balancing the checkbook, etc.  I wrote several letters and caught up on some emails.  When I got home, I was delighted to see that my new flower bed looked great!  Everything seems to have been fine with the transplanting.  One fern that I divided into two pots seemed a little shocked, but all the plants in the bed were in great shape.
This plant is one I bought on our trip to see the audiologist in Houston 2 weeks ago and it has not bloomed until I put it in the flower bed.  One day in the bed and look at it!
After spending some time in the yard, I went in and made a big pot of broccoli and cheese soup for supper and got to feeling bad (before I ate the soup).  So I headed to bed earlier than normal.

Having a Cochlear Implant presents lots of challenges.  One of them is a hair style that covers it.  It is not a real big problem to me when it shows, but some folks may wonder why I have a wire seeming to run out of my head, (it doesn't run out of my head) so I try to keep it covered.  Last Friday I tried a new hair stylist.  She may not get a second chance to try.  I am very disappointed in the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment