Sunday, June 29, 2014

June 29,2014

A Beautiful, Blessed Sunday
June 29, 2014



We went to Sunday School and church as usual.  We had a good group in our Sunday School class and a nice amount of discussion.  Our church service started with a ministry group who was visiting to do work in the area with the immigrant children coming from Central America.  The group is NAPS - National Association for Prevention of Starvation.  They work all over the world in various difficult situations.  Very friendly group of young adults who spent time passing out hugs to church members before the service.

It was late when we got out of church and then we came home and I fixed spaghetti for lunch.  It was so good - nothing special, but we both agreed it was great.  We spent time in the yard talking about what needs to be done and what we hope we can accomplish out there.  I cut up a huge watermelon I bought yesterday and cut 1/2 of it into bite sized pieces.  It is the best watermelon we have had in years.  Yummy!  During the afternoon I spent time reading and relaxing.  Ron left a little before 4:00 for a meeting at the church and shortly after that I spotted some little birds at the bird bath and they turned out to be a pair of Lesser Goldfinches.

There were the usual doves and grackles at the birdbath along with some sparrows, but it is always fun to see the cute, colorful birds visiting.
I want to say to this bird, "Your eyes will cross if you keep looking that way!"
At 6:00  this evening the church had what we call "Family Style Lord's Supper".  We have a light meal and then tonight there were about 8 wonderful testimonies.  Well, I say they were wonderful.  In most cases I knew the people and knew enough about their situations to know what they were sharing, but I really heard very little.  Ron filled me in as much as he could when we got home.  After the testimonies, the Lord's supper was served and then we stayed and visited briefly.

After the service I went by Mom's house to borrow some videos that I wanted to see.  Once we got home, Ron and I had time to talk.  Later in the evening I got to talk to both our son and daughter-in-law in New Mexico.  They are doing well.  We will be seeing them very soon when all the family gathers for a long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment