Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 17, 2014

Another Quiet Day
June 17, 2014


Before going to the office, I spent time in the yard.  It was a little cooler this morning, or at least the humidity was down some.  It was nice outside.  I cut back a hibiscus bush that was creeping across the driveway, making it hard for me to get out of the garage without risking scratching the side of the car.

A pair of Mallards have seemingly taken up residence in the yard now that most of the Black-bellied Whistling Ducks are gone.  There are still one or two around but not many.  The Mallards are nicer to have around.
Sometimes when I have had a quiet day, I realize that I had the volume on my sound processor turned down.  I think that may have happened today.  I ran one errand before going to the office and then once at the shop, I spent time on the computer doing an assortment of small chores.  I got a couple of letters sent out - one in email and one in snail mail.  I spent some time on line doing some research.  After lunch, Ron went out on a job.  A friend from our high school years at the church had come by and was going to wait for his brother to come pick him up.  It was nice to see both of them.

I did a little cleaning and gathered trash and that is about as exciting as my day got.  During the afternoon I selected a couple of books to download onto my Kindles.  I have needed to get a few more on there to give me a good selection when I am ready to start a new one.  I often read books that are a part of a series.  Lately I have been doing that.  The last book I just finished was a rather light-hearted one and the one I am currently reading from the same series is rather suspenseful and is leaving me a little tense.  I am ready for one that will make me laugh.  I did spent about 30 minutes doing a couple of Cochlear listening exercises.  They were a challenge.

I came home from work an hour early and had supper before working in the yard a little while.  The birds are all enjoying regular feedings and plenty of water.  The quilt group finally got back together tonight after too long a time when we had not all been able to get together.  Two of the ladies were out, but there were 5 of us here.  We had a good time sharing our current projects and all had things to work on as we visited.

After the quilters left, I talked to my daughter-in-law in New Mexico for a while.  It is always fun to visit with her on the phone as she shares all the crazy things from her days.

No comments:

Post a Comment