Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June 3, 2014

Lazy Day
June 3, 2014



Oversleeping has become too common for me.  I woke up just before 8:00 to see my husband about to leave for work.  I said, "You let me oversleep."  He just smiled.  So nice to work for him.  He knew I would be late, but didn't care.

I did spend time working in the yard while my hair dried, but I don't think it helped dry my hair.  If you have never lived in Brownsville, or along the Gulf Coast, you may not know that our humidity is so high that going outside with wet hair, even when it is hot, is no guarantee that your wet hair will dry.  I cut back some plants, but didn't get my mess hauled to the brush pile.  Maybe another day.
After the good rain last week, the Ebony trees are in full bloom.  They are beautiful, but also really give me allergy trouble.  I had been sneezing a lot the last couple of days and finally realized why - Ebony trees!  You may note that the Royal Poinciana tree shown at the top, has recovered from last week's storm.  It did lose a lot of flowers, but is still beautiful.  The smell it wonderful.  It reminds me a lot of the scent of Easter Lilies.  Just walking out in the backyard, the sweet scent immediately hits me, especially when it is hot.

At the office, I worked on an accumulation of little projects.  Ron was out part of the day.  He had expected to be out all afternoon, but when he went to do one job, they said they decided to wait a couple of weeks.  He had stayed late to get all their things ready.  A phone call would have been appreciated.

Mom stopped by after her morning Bible study.  A good friend of hers had passed away yesterday morning.  The lady who died had dealt with heart trouble for years and her heart finally just wore out.  She was such a wonderful example of faithful praying, doing what needed to be done, and loving her family.  For years, she would tell me she prayed for our family every day.  Many of us have no idea who all is praying for us.  God let me know that she was faithfully praying as is another couple in our church.  God has blessed our lives with faithful friends.  This one will be missed.

Yesterday was my sister's 24th wedding anniversary.  I started working at our office when she got married, and quit working there.  I can't believe I have been there 24 years!  Oh, my!  Where are the years going?  Many of my friends were beginning to retire about the time I started working.  I had been an at home mom while my boys were little and am so thankful that I could be home for them.  How can it be 24 years later?

Late in the afternoon, I left the office a little early to get ready for quilting.  First I took care of things in the yard: birdbaths, bird feeders, and ponds.  Then I had supper and got ready to greet the quilters, but the quilters didn't show up.  This is one of my problems when I am not comfortable using the phone - I can't easily just call them to see who is coming.  Several don't check email often.  Mom came late, so we had a nice visit.  I got a receiving blanket for a baby hemmed while she was here. 

Following Mom's visit, I spent time talking to our daughter-in-law in New Mexico.  She had just worked the last day at her job at a school for children with severe autism.  She and our son are hoping to adopt a child soon and she will be focusing on taking care of the mountains of paper work and getting the house in order. 

It was a good day, and was fairly productive.  My sewing room table got cleared off compared to what it had been.  Keeping the sewing room in order is a constant battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment