Tuesday, June 24, 2014

June 24, 2014

A Nice Rain Overnight
June 24, 2014

Since I do not wear my Cochlear Implant sound processor when I sleep, I missed out on hearing the rain that came last night.  I love to hear the rain and we needed the moisture.  It would have been nice to be able to hear it.  When I got up this morning, the windows were covered in condensation as it was hot and humid outside while nice and comfortably cool in the air conditioned house.

Having felt bad last night, I did not try to get up early to go to the gym this morning, but hope to go tomorrow.  Instead I watched the doves at the feeders.  They were sharing at the feeder this morning but this evening they were chasing each other away.  I watched for about 15 minutes and I don't think any of them ate any food, they just chased each other away.  Silly birds!

I went to the office about 10:00 and spent much of the day on the computer working on a book I was making on the Shutterfly website.  I have made several books through them with my photos.  One is of bird photos I have taken at South Padre Island.  Another is of birds in my backyard.  I have done two or three of family gatherings and one on my quilts.  One was of the celebration last year for my mom's 90th birthday.  Today I finished and ordered one of our family and the assorted activities over the Christmas holidays in 2013.  All of our family members (our sons and their families and our moms) were able to be here this past Christmas and it was a delightful time of celebrating.  I am pleased with the book and look forward to receiving it in a week or ten days.  The grandchildren always enjoy looking at these books when visiting at our house.
This is one page from my new book. 
I enjoy the Shutterfly books, note cards, and calendars, but you really have to be careful on the pricing.  I had a slight problem with them today and did a chat session with one of their employees and worked it out, but it was a $5 problem and I have had more expensive problems with them in the past.  The product is good but some times their website is not clear on some issues.

 On the way home from work, I stopped for a few items at Wal-Mart.  At home I went into the backyard and checked on my flower bed and the ponds and feeders.  I spotted this Golden-fronted Woodpecker out in the back on the bamboo.  I have not seen him around a lot since they lost their baby.  It was good to see him.  I have spotted the pair in the front yard where they moved to an old hole in a dead tree.
The evening was relaxed as I worked to get some sewing ready to be put together and then later chatted with our son and daughter-in-law in New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment