Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September 30, 2013

Session 7 in the Second Round
of Physical Therapy Treatments
Monday,  September 30, 2013

You may recall that following the first surgery on my elbow, I had 9 sessions of Physical Therapy.  After that, the doctor decided the second surgery would be necessary.  That means that actually today was the 16th PT session and the exercises are getting boring!  I pass the time while doing mindless exercises by praying for family members or reading on my Kindle Fire.  When I am on the exercise bike or working the pulley, I am praying and if I am sitting at the table squeezing some device or sitting with my arm getting a 20 minute heat treatment, I am usually reading.  When I am pinching the "silly putty", I practice doing decorative pie crust edges.  It is still not the high point of my day.  I do visit with the therapists when they have a few minutes to spare.

This morning's PT session wasn't until 9:30, so my morning routine was a little more relaxed than it had been recently.  There was a little time to check on the bird feeders and ponds.  Thankfully I don't suffer from migraine headaches as several in the family do, but I did have a bad headache this morning and it has hung around all day.  The arm has been very sore; I had one of those nights where you toss and turn and I may have gotten it sore with the tossing and turning.

It was after 11:00 before I  got to the office.  It is the end of the month, which means I am a little bit busy.  I have to send out statements and balance the books.  These are not major jobs, but need to be done in a timely manner.  So most of my work day was spent on bookkeeping as it will be for the next day or two.  Ron went out on one job, but is not ready to carry a full load out of the office yet.

After work we went to Ron's mom's house to see his brother and sister-in-law before they leave Tuesday.  I only stayed about an hour and then came home for supper.  After about an hour of the Immersion Reading, I did a little housework.  The headache had held on and I decided on an early bedtime.  That is why this posting is a little late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment