Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21, 2013

Six Weeks Since 2nd Elbow Surgery
October 21, 2013

Sometimes looking at a calendar can be helpful.  I thought it had been longer since my surgery to replace the radius cap in my left arm with an artificial one.  Six weeks is better than the seven that I thought.  Seems so long ago!!  I got so discouraged this morning with the lack of progress.  I see the doctor tomorrow so we will see what he says.

Yesterday I mentioned that I hate to take naps.  I slept too long yesterday afternoon, and then ended up not going to sleep until 1:30 this morning and woke at 5:30.  Since I was up early I got several things done before I went to the office and then got sleepy as soon as I got there.  We did have a rain shower during the night and one this afternoon.  We are expecting another one later tonight. 

It was slow today at the office and Ron was out for a while on a job.  I did one of the listening exercises for the Cochlear Implant on consonant sounds, and did better on it than the last one I had tried.  I then did some Immersion Reading, which I also did when I got home.  There are two tiny filters on the sound processor for the Cochlear Implant and I got Ron to change them for me tonight. 

One of the nice things that happened today is that a friend who grew up in the same church with me dropped me a note to say she will be in town this weekend and would like to get together.  What a treat!  The years of growing up in our town, our schools, and our church were very good years.  There are lots of good memories of time spent with good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment