Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October 23, 2013

Feeling Yucky!
October 23, 2013

Today started out as a beautiful day!  Actually, it stayed beautiful all day.  I just got to feeling bad this afternoon, so I didn't think it was a great day.  The duck wars continue.  As soon as it was daylight, the ducks gathered just off the edge of the bank, out in the water waiting for me to go away so they could come in for breakfast.  They just sit and wait.  Morning, afternoon, whenever I am around, they head to the water and wait.
Looked who popped out of the hole in the tree this morning! 

I was a little later going to the office than I had intended.  Ron had an appointment this morning to go give an estimate on a job.  He mentioned that, only he forgot to tell me what time.  When I arrived at the shop, the men waiting to take him to the appointment were there.  A salesman was there, and so were several customers.   Oops!
After taking care of several customers, the salesman and I took care of an order.  He is so impressed with the change in my hearing.  He is delighted I was able to get the Cochlear Implant and always has a variety of questions about it. 
My arm is better today.  The change from day to day can be amazing.  I am beginning to wonder if some of the pain earlier this week was weather related.  It still hurts to type, but in general, the rest of the time has been better.
After he left, I took care of some shop paperwork  and then started on that project I was working on last week.  The project is preparation to speak to a group of women at our church on November 4.  It is a Monday evening and I will be giving a testimony about some of the things that have gone on this last year with my hearing loss and Cochlear Implant.  If you are in the area and would like to come, it is open  to the ladies.  Just let me know and I will give you time and location.  I would be delighted to have you come.  The theme for the evening is A Chocolate Affair - A Sweet Time of Fellowship.  There will be a time of refreshments, visiting, music, and my testimony.  Much of the day was spent revising, editing, and praying about what to share. 
I wonder how they ever thought of me for this themed evening - A Chocolate Affair.
About 3:00 when Ron returned from his job, I told him I wasn't feeling very good - I think my lunch didn't agree with me (that's what I get for trying to eat healthy).  I came home and ended up sleeping for a couple of hours.  Then I continued the duck wars in the yard.  There were 9 of the Black-bellied Whistling Ducks working on cleaning out the feeders.  I chased them back into the water and after a little bit they decided to leave the area.
The rest of the day I spent reading and relaxing.  It is going to be a long winter with the battle of the ducks!

No comments:

Post a Comment