Thursday, October 31, 2013

October 31, 2013

Today Was A Treat, Not A Trick!
October 31, 2013

Sorry there was no posting yesterday, but it was a long, busy day.  We left the house where we are staying at 7:15 in the morning and returned at around 10:00 last night.  The class I took was very well taught and interesting.  I got part of the project done, but did not finish it.  The particular one I selected to make was more complex than most.  It is over 3/4 done, but still needs work.  My friend, Tiny arrived late from Austin where the weather was bad.  In the evening the displays opened and we shopped until we dropped.  In fact we left before they closed.  We stopped to pick up supper on our way home.  Long day.

As far as my hearing, the most interesting thing was that before class I talked to the teacher and told her I might not hear everything in class and if she saw me doing something wrong, to please tell me,  I told he about my Cochlear implant and she asked if I knew sign language because she did and could sign to me.  I don't know sign language.  I asked why she learned it and she said she signs at her church.

I was able to hear her in class!

Again today we left the house early in a pouring rain.  It rained much of the day.  Today was for shopping.  Tiny and I had a good time looking at fabric and new tools available  to help quilters work more quickly and accurately. 

Following the shopping we met our hosts at the dining room at the Houston Aquarium for supper and it was very good.  We had eaten there a couple of times but they had not, so it was a treat for them.

The hearing seemed to get bad during the evening and I am glad they will be sending a new sound processor next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment