Friday, October 4, 2013

October 4, 2013

Enjoyable Friday
October 4, 2013

The day started with me discovering a nice variety of birds in the yard just after daylight.  There was some light, but it wasn't enough to make for good photos.  I had been out to fill the feeders and the ponds and didn't see or hear any birds.  As soon as I got in the house I saw this little Ruby-throated Hummingbird fly to one of the feeders.  Within a couple of minutes there were two Kentucky Warblers on the waterfalls, jumping around in the water.

Then the green budgie arrived with the first wave of sparrows.  Before long the yard was alive with happy, hungry birds of all sizes and many colors.  And I had to go to work!

I thank God for a fun start to my day!  I made my lunch from that brisket I had cooked yesterday that turned out to be perfect!
When I arrived at the office our oldest grandson was  there ready to help me with an assortment of jobs.  He had done his home school work so he could spend the day helping.  He got a lot done for me and as usual we had some good talks - many of the topics involved current events.  There was a lot in the news this week to discuss.  It is so nice not to need to have him repeat everything.  There are still times I have to ask for a repeat, but not as often as in the past.
Ron left the middle of the afternoon to go to Corpus.  He is a flight instructor and is required to take a refresher class every two years.  After work I took my grandson home and picked up the two oldest grand daughters to spend the night and tomorrow with me.   We stopped for milk and bread on the way home and then fixed supper after they played with the LEGOs for a while. 
One of the things we gave our oldest grand daughter for her birthday this week was a 500 piece puzzle.  I knew from the picture it would be a challenge, but had no idea how hard it would be.
The pieces are very strangely shaped.  Even finding the edge pieces was difficult, but both girls have proved to be good puzzle workers and we have all day tomorrow to finish it. 
I am just not sure I am going to get two little girls, filled with giggles to go to sleep tonight!  Everything is funny!  Giggle, giggle, giggle.  You can tell I had boys!

Today at the office I did spend time with the listening exercises for the Cochlear Implant.  The ones I did were on recognizing voices and that proved to be very hard for me.


  1. Hands together for both of you!!! You've come so far in such a short time that I think the surgeon will be pleased with your progress!!!

  2. Things are getting better 'n better 'n better! Praise God!!!

  3. This blog today makes my heart sing!