Thursday, September 26, 2013

September 26, 2013

Ron Gets His Stitches Out
Thursday, September 26, 2013

This morning was a little less hectic than usual.  I didn't have to be anywhere until 9:00!  After a relaxing breakfast, I took Ron to Dr. Olson's office for his appointment.  Dr. Olson removed the stitches and asked a variety of questions about the pain, movement, tenderness, etc.  He told him he can drive if he feels up to it and walk on it as much as he is comfortable doing. 
These are two of the incision spots.  The first is where Dr. Olson worked on the nerve causing pain.  The second is where a pin had seemed to be rubbing from surgery for the broken ankle 19 years ago.
 
This one on the outside of the leg is where the doctor removed the rod from his leg bone.  The rod was loose when they got in there and could well have been causing a lot of Ron's pain.
 
It is amazing what doctors can do through little tiny holes.  Not fair.  He got the three tiny holes and I got the long incision - twice!  Oh well, whatever it takes to get the job done.
Here, Dr. Olson is applying band aids to the places after he removed the stitches.  Ron was glad to get the stitches out, but still has some pain, mostly around the incision near the toes.  Dr. Olson said it could be a couple of weeks before that area feels normal.

When we left there, Ron asked me to take him to the shop for a while; but it wasn't very long before he asked me to take him home.  He was sleeping soundly when I arrived home at the end of the day.

My day at the office was a little busy.  Again I worked on paying bills and clearing my desk.  Mom came by briefly in the late afternoon.  My customers today were easier to understand.  I had several interesting conversations with some of them.  It was well after closing time before I got out of there. 

When I got home after making one stop, I found Ron sleeping, so I left again and went to look for a birthday gift for our son David.  I made a couple of more stops before coming home. 

The rotation in my hand is improving.  The extension seems a little better.  But it is sore today.  It is the kind of ache that usually comes with a weather change.  I think we would all like a change.  It was hot today.
 

4 comments:

  1. Good news on Ronnie's surgical site. Those rods are such life savers when the original injury happens, but can be a real pain as they work loose & move. Kind of unusual that this one was in for so long with no problems or pain then created lots of pain & anger when it shifted around. Glad they could remove it without too many problems!!! Hands together for continued healing for both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dottie, he had been having pain for a long time, but it just kept getting worse and worse. Apparently the removal was very smooth.

      Delete
  2. God is answering 'yes' to our prayers!!! Whoop!

    ReplyDelete