Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September 25, 2013

Another Full Day
Wednesday,  September 25, 2013

Up early for me, and at Physical Therapy by 8:00 is becoming a habit.  Again, they were able to keep things moving and I was out by 9:15.  Had a very good talk with the therapist who worked on me today about his life.  He has come a long way from growing up in a migrant family, to having a great life with a wonderful family of his own.  He reminded me how much I take for granted.  God has blessed me with so much.

From there I went to pick up my oldest grandson to take him with me to the office.  He spent most of the day doing his home school assignments.  Many of his classes are on video, so he worked hard on them across from my desk.  He did agree with me that most of my customers today spoke too softly, too fast, or mumbled.  Many were very hard to understand.  And there were MANY of them.  It was a busy day for me.

Later after my grandson had finished his work, we had some great discussions.  We talked about how blessed are those who grow up in a Christian home.  We each still have to make our own decisions to accept Christ as our Lord and Savior, but when you grow up in a home where the Lord is loved and honored, it gives you such an amazing support system.  Again I saw how blessed I am.

We also had lots of other discussions.  What a blessing to have days at the office with this amazing young man.  Like his Dad, he enjoys people of all ages.  He is not "hung up" on only spending time with others his age.  He spends time with several different men in our church who are training him in assorted technical areas, from the sound system, to electronics, to web page design, to computer programing and video editing.  God has a lot in store for him.

The two of us finished up the day with some cleaning at the office; not as much as I had hoped to do while Ron was out, but at least the floors are clean.   Our son picked up his son at the end of the day and we had a brief chat.

When I arrived at Ron's mom's house to pick up some bills from her for Ron to pay, her flower beds of Bachelor Buttons were filled with butterflies.  What a lovely sight!  I had a long visit with my mother-in-law.  She had been to a couple of doctors the last couple of days and we spent a lot of time talking about the outcomes of those visits.  Naturally she wanted an update on Ron's recovery and mine.  Leaving there, I took a prescription to the pharmacy for them to fill for her. 

Ron's brother Don and his wife will be arriving this weekend for a quick visit of a couple of days.  It is always good to see them.  They will enjoy how green Margaret's (my mother-in-law's) yard is after all these rains.  It was almost 7:00 by the time I got home.  I took care of things in the yard - ponds, bird feeders, and potted plants, and still had to fix supper.  I did some reading while I ate (Ron was on a different eating schedule, having slept much of the day).

Tomorrow morning I will take Ron to see the orthopedic surgeon and see if he gets to return to work.  Don't tell him I said so, but I hope he is!

1 comment:

  1. We are indeed fortunate to grow up in Christian homes with amazing support from friends, pastors, & others who teach us by example!! I learned so much from Mrs. Denton, my 4th grade teacher but also my Sunday School teacher. She played an important part in my life. Dr H Glenn Smith was my pastor when I was saved & I learned so much from him as he was also a missionary & shared many stories with us. So many of the people at First Baptist Church taught me many things just by their behavior & examples of living & trusting. How lucky we were to be there!!!

    Hope Ronnie's report from the dr is good. Hands together for both of you!! Hugs!!