Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2, 2013

"Lite" Labor on Labor Day
Monday,  September 2, 2013

Days off from work are great; especially when I get three in a row!  Today was a very relaxing day for me.  I was up early, but had a leisurely breakfast and did some cleaning.  In the backyard, I filled the ponds and bird feeders and cleaned and refilled the hummingbird feeder.  It is almost time for those little migrants to pass through our area.

Much of the day was spent working on a quilt with some of my bird photos.  I now have the 80 completed squares all in one piece.  I hope to add two more rows to the quilt, bringing the number of photos to 96.  I have been working on this off and on for years.  The last 16 squares are still to be constructed.  The photos are printed on fabric, but the squares must be made.  The small quilt group that meets at my house has been on hold since I went deaf this past January.  We have decided to start back up tomorrow night, meeting just twice a month instead of every week.  I am looking forward to getting back with the group after all these months!

While I worked on the quilt, I enjoyed a variety of birds out the windows.  There are so many white-winged doves these days.  I think they are planning to hide out here until hunting season is over.  The Great Kiskadees were back, along with the sparrows and the White Ibises.  There were at least three adult and two juvenile White Ibises. 
The Golden-Fronted Woodpeckers were out and about looking for food. 
I did some listening exercises, and ordered some needed items for my Cochlear equipment to keep it in good condition.  The telephone is giving me more trouble and I don't know if it is me, the phone, or my son's phone.  We are using Facebook messages to communicate.

If you each had as relaxing a day as I did, you had a wonderful Labor Day!  I hope so!  I thought maybe I should enjoy this Monday, since the next one is when I am having my elbow surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment