Thursday, September 19, 2013

September 19, 2013

Rough Night Last Night -
Progress Today
September 19, 2013

Exhaustion is the closest word I can think of to describe my current condition.  I am totally and completely exhausted!  About the time I finished my blog entry last night, Ron said he had some issues that needed a doctor's opinion.  After a few phone calls, Dr. Olson sent him to the Emergency Room back at Valley Regional Hospital, where we had been just a few hours before. 

So around 11:30 last night, I drove Ron back to the hospital.  We had at least an hour's wait before he was taken to a room.  While waiting we both read books on our Kindles.  Those have been such a blessing to each of us.  "Grab and go".  Daughter-in-law Vickey sent me a Facebook message about 1:00 a.m. and we were able to chat on line to pass the time for me. 

The bottom line on the problems is that they seem to be reactions to various medications he was given during the day.  Some he was warned about and others he wasn't.  Example: the anesthesiologist had told him of the nausea, and the male nurse had told him to ask for something if he was at all dizzy, etc.  He said many patients won't ask and get in car to go home, only to have motion sickness in the car going home.  Ron had thrown up several times and hadn't kept anything down, including pain meds.

It was 2:15 when we headed home and 3:00 before I got to bed partly because Ron tried to eat when we got home and it came right back up.  That gave me 3 hours before I needed to be up to get ready to be at Physical Therapy for an 8:00 appointment.

That is far as I can go tonight.  Just too tired.  I will say, he has turned a corner and is much better.  I will see if I can fill in the rest in the morning.

4 comments:

  1. Bless your hearts!! No fun!! Glad things are better at least for the most part. Hands together for both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've had enough "excitement"! Praying for quiet healing.

    ReplyDelete