Friday, February 27, 2015

February 27, 2015

A Day Playing with Cards
February 27, 2015


The storage containers that I got today with Rewards Cards from Staples

This morning I was up early because I needed to open up at the office.  Ron had a doctor's appointment and didn't get to the office until about 11:30.  The morning started out slow, but by the time Ron got there it had picked up and we both stayed busy for the next hour or so.  Would you believe?  The lady in my story from yesterday came back and paid for the keys she had left with me unpaid.  Ron waited on her and I stayed in my office.  Ron thinks someone talked to her because she came in quietly and asked for the keys and paid cash.   I had prayed for her yesterday and I hope her anger is gone.

Once Ron was back and we took care of the customers who seemed to be coming in on their lunch hours, I went to pick up some lunch for me.  I have not been to the grocery store this week but hope to go early in the morning.

We had decided to close at 3:00 this afternoon since the parade would be shutting down the area about 4:00.  Just before leaving, I decided to open the one bill that had come today.  It was from AT&T.  I had just paid their bill this past Monday and could not figure out why I was getting another one so soon.  The bill was for almost 4 times the normal amount and I just handed it to Ron and told him to handle it.  After a long time on hold, the lady he talked to said there was an error and we were charged for something we should not have been charged for.  Now they owe me almost $75 for over billing last month.  Do you always go over your bills, or just pay them?

At the office, I had some time during the morning to cut out some more pieces to the next quilt squares.  I still have a lot to do on the one I am currently working on.  I left the office and took an end of the month deposit to the bank and then started "Playing with Cards."  I needed a few things at Staples, and I had an assortment of Staples Rewards cards and certificates.  I got the things I needed and a nice variety of storage containers and only paid $6 for the $81 of storage containers.

On my way home, my phone kept chirping at me telling me I had some texts.  I didn't try to read them while driving since that is illegal as well as stupid.  When I pulled in the garage, I sat in the car reading and answering the texts.  I had sent two to Ron when he opened the door from the house to the garage and asked why I was sitting in the car texting.  He must have pulled in the driveway just as I closed the garage door and here I sat texting while he was in the house.

We decided to use one of the gift cards to Olive Garden that we got for Christmas and go there for supper.  Following supper, we went to Hobby Lobby where I used a gift card I got for my birthday to buy a hummingbird feeder and two pieces of fabric that were on sale for a good price.  Our next stop was Kohl's where I had a very generous gift card that I got for my birthday which I used to buy a new toaster oven (ours died a few months ago and I miss it).  I also bought a gift item and I still have money left on the card.  That is my kind of shopping!  What a treat.  We are so thankful to those who provided those gifts to us.

Vickey had called while we were in Hobby Lobby, so I returned the call later on the way home and we chatted all the way home and for the next 30 minutes.  She has been sick and I had missed our phone calls. 

Vickey asked how my week had been and it was easy to say that it had been a very good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment