Sunday, February 8, 2015

February 8, 2015

Busy Day and Good Memories
February 8, 2015



This photo of my family was just a few months before my Dad passed away. 
 My sister Janet, me, Daddy, Mom, my sister Debra, and my brother Gordon. 
Today would have been my parents' 73rd wedding anniversary.  I am thankful for the amazing Dad that God gave to me.  Daddy was a peacemaker by nature and was a calm, kind, loving Dad.  He would have loved the great grandchildren born into the family after he passed away.  He would have loved each with the same steadfast love he had for his children and grandchildren.  We miss him and Mom misses him so much and has for the 20+ years since he died.  The memories of my Dad are good and the more I see how some fathers treat their children I am extra thankful for how Daddy treated us.  We knew he loved us!

When you have a father like I did, you find it much easier to trust God as your Heavenly Father.  You think of how your Dad would protect you, care for you needs, and never quit loving you or give up on you.  God is even more dependable and faithful.  It is easy for me to trust a loving Heavenly  Father.  For the many people in the world who have fathers who are not kind, and loving, lots of them have a warped picture of God when they compare God to their father.  If that is your situation, just think of the very best father you have ever known.  Think of how you wish your father had been, and view God through those conditions.  God loves you and has your best interests at heart.

This morning I was up just after 6:00.  I spent time on the computer, fixed breakfast, ate, worked in the kitchen and then Tiny wandered in looking tired.  I think I am keeping her up too late!  We just have too much to squeeze into the few remaining days she will be here.  She will be leaving Wednesday.  Too soon!  She and I left for church ahead of Ron since he was not ready when we were.  We had a good bunch in our Sunday School class (26).

I left class early to pick up Mom for church.  It was Boy Scout Sunday at church and a large group from the church school troop were there.  Our oldest two grandsons are Boy Scouts and were in uniform.  They are in a different troop. Church was good.  There was a very good sermon and then the Lord's Supper was served.

Following the service, we went with Jeff and his children and Tiny, to Wendy's as we often do on Sundays.  Jeff's wife Barb was out of town for the weekend.  The children were in good moods and we had a very good time.  Tiny got to see our grandchildren in action and each lived up to the billing I had given them.  The younger ones entertained us well.

It was getting close to 3:00 when we got home.  Ron ran an errand, Tiny took a nap, and I did a little cleaning and some computer reading (Facebook, AOL, etc.).
We had a spur-of-the-moment supper at our house with the Lawlers and Tiny.  We had some chicken salad and a green salad.  They brought potato salad and Cole slaw.  We had ice cream and they brought cake!  Wow!  What a yummy supper and delightful time visiting without all of the restaurant noises.

After we ate, we went to Lawler's house and saw the room they had just painted and all the other work they have done on the house.  We came home about 10:00 and I started on this blog.  I had put a stew in the oven for tomorrow and it was not done, so I worked for a while longer to give it extra time to cook.

Hearing today was a little noisy.  At Sunday School and church it was ok and also worked well at Wendy's, but it was not  good at Wendy's.  Too much noise.  All in all, it was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment