Saturday, February 7, 2015

February 7, 2015

Sunshine and Tree Trimming
February 7, 2015



A couple of great things happened this morning: I got to sleep until 8:00 and there was sunshine out my window.  We have had a damp, gray winter and it was so nice to see the sunshine today.  It was tempting to work in the yard, but I had things I wanted to do inside and I will wait a couple of more weeks to plant the things I want in the pots, hanging baskets, and dug-out logs.

Ron had an appointment this morning and left early.  Tiny got up about the time I was ready to put biscuits in the oven.  We had a lazy morning before getting to work on our quilt projects.  Mom called and she and Carmen were ready to come over.  Mom came to visit, and Carmen came to visit and clean house for me. 

When I went to pick them up, I took a photo of another house being demolished close to Mom's house.  It was a lovely home, but old and I will be interested to see what they replace it with in the future.  At Mom's house, her yardman had arrived to trim a couple of trees that she had that hung over the sidewalk. 

The man's method for trimming the tree left us all a little nervous, so we decided to wait until he had finished before we left.  He did a good job and I came home with the back of my vehicle full of sections of the biggest limb (like the one falling in the photo below), that I hope to use in some way in the yard.

After leaving Mom's house, we stopped at the grocery store and while I went in for a few things, Mom and Carmen walked to the bank on the far side of the parking lot for some exercise.  I picked them up at the bank when I finished.
At my house, Tiny sewed, I cut fabric and did a little sewing and fixed lunch.  We had a great lunch a couple of hours after we got home and then I fixed supper from some of the leftovers and a few other things before putting everything away.
Mom worked cross word puzzles, Carmen worked on the house and she and Mom made a banana cake that was perfect and is almost gone.  I finished the chicken salad and later in the afternoon took Mom and Carmen, chicken salad, and banana cake to Mom's house.  Tiny and I spent some time looking for some birds. We found a few and they were fun to photograph.
We found an assortment of ducks, White Herons, Snowy Egrets, a Great Blue Heron, and White Ibises in the areas where we looked.  Back at the house we had a little banana cake and then sewed for a while before having the chicken salad for supper.  It was a very good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment