Tuesday, February 10, 2015

February 9, 2015

Family, Friends, and Fantastic Food
February 9, 2015



Each meal today was very good.  Breakfast was nothing unusual, but was good.  Lunch was a very good stew that I had made last night and the last of the coconut cake the Lawlers had brought last night .  This evening we went with Mom to Oyster Bar - a local favorite, that serves shrimp that Tiny had been craving since she arrived. 

Back to the start of my day.  It was cloudy early in the morning, but cleared off as the day went on.  Tiny and I went to the office about 9:30.  She sewed much of the day and I worked on the bookkeeping.  I have a problem with the bank statement and it has been 20+ years since one stumped me.  I will get back to it tomorrow.

Ron was out almost all day and the morning was very slow.  The afternoon was a little busier.  I had a hard time getting to eat my lunch.  Each time I put a bite in my mouth a customer came in.  So funny how that happens.  Tiny and I have not run out of things to talk about and that leads sometimes to things to pray about for each other.  It is so good to spend time with a friend.  I am wondering if I should refuse to take her to Harlingen to the airport Wednesday.  I think it is too far for her to walk so maybe she would stay a little longer.

After work, Tiny and I came home and did a few things around the house before picking Mom up for supper.  Ron met us at Oyster Bar.  I think Tiny enjoyed every bite of her shrimp.  We were both tired when we got home.  She went to bed soon.  Ron went back to work and I worked on this blog, but had to finish it in the morning after I kept falling asleep at the computer desk.  Ron woke me when he got home, so I gave up and went to bed.

Oyster Bar has great seafood, but some how it was very noisy during our meal.  There were not too many tables filled, but it was still hard for me to hear.  I will try changing the filters on the Cochlear sound processor and see if that helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment