Saturday, February 14, 2015

February 13, 2015

Just a Few Quick Words
February 13, 2015


Green Parakeets
Friday the 13th was a good day.  No tragic things happened.  We had a little rain in the morning and gray skies for the rest of the day. 

Ron was out of the office all morning at the doctor's office where he got good reports on his blood work done during the visit and last week.  He is feeling a little better and they are running one more blood test.

At the office, during the morning, I paid some bills, waited on lots of customers, and sent my reports off to the accountant who is suffering with shingles.  I gathered trash and sorted papers on my desk. Ron returned about noon and Mom, Janet and Joe Bob stopped by for a visit.  Soon the visit was over and they left so Janet and Joe Bob could pack to return to their home.  They helped Mom get a lot of errands run.

Ron was in and out a time or two in the afternoon and worked on the items I had taken in from customers during the morning.  He made a trip to check on his Mom and I waited on most of the customers so he could do the errands and counter work.

Just before closing, I saw part of the flock of green parakeets about a block away and went out to take some photos.  This one was taken a block from where they were.
I kept hearing some closer, and it turned out to be two on the power lines behind the shop.  I got a couple of photos, but it was so gray and windy, the photos are not great.

I love being able to HEAR them!

After closing, we went to meet our friends for our Friday night dinner.  They are always fun to chat with.  We had a good visit, but in the beginning, I was picking up a lot of noise on the sound processor and it was hard to hear.  After a bit, we had the room to ourselves and it got better.  The audiologist suggests that I sit across the table from my friend to hear better and if it was only the two of us, that might work, but with four of us at the table, side by side works better and after we eat, I turn toward her and that puts my deaf ear to the guys and we get along better.  Hearing in restaurants is so very hard.

Once we got home, I read for a while in the recliner and Ron woke me later to get me to go to bed instead of sleeping in the recliner.  A medication I am on seems to make me sleepy and I know I need the sleep, but I am not getting all the things done that I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment