Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2, 2015

Finally Spending Time
 at the Sewing Machine
February 2, 2015


The scraps from tonight's quilt blocks
Today started out wet, windy, and cool.  By early evening, it got chilly but had dried up.  I was up early this morning and worked in the kitchen, made coffee and had my shower and breakfast early.  I spent just a little time in the yard as I hung the hummingbird feeders, freshly filled.  Tiny and I left for the office about 9:30 after we got our lunches made.  During the morning, I worked on the end of the month reports and by lunch time they were all done.  Tiny had brought fabric for a project and she ironed and cut the fabric into squares during the morning. 

When we finished our lunches, Ron left on some jobs and of course that is when all the customers came in.  Much of the morning had been quiet, and as soon as he left, it got busy.  Tiny continued work on the squares she had cut, marking the sewing lines on them.  When I was not with customers, I was balancing some Petty Cash accounts, etc.

Tiny is studying the instructions to my quilt project. 
 Her cut squares are in front of her.
Tiny and I left the office a little early and went by my mom's for a visit and to see how she was doing.  She was feeling very good today and enjoyed the visit.  Then on the way home we picked up some supper and had some great chicken.  As soon as the kitchen was clean, we moved to the sewing room where we spent the rest of the evening, each working on our own projects.  I have so many "in progress" items and have needed a little pushing. 

 The project I chose to start working on this evening.
I pulled out some blocks I made a year or more ago.  Tiny and I had been together at the Houston International Quilt Festival in fall of 2013and had seen this particular pattern but decided not to buy it.  After she flew home, I returned to the festival and bought the pattern, and it was that pattern I had used on the blocks.  We both voiced our opinions on the pattern and my project.  I think with her encouragement, I will make it larger than originally planned.  I got six blocks made tonight.

Working on my blocks
Ron had stayed late at the office to work.  The evening was relaxing and productive for Tiny and for me.  I just need someone around to keep pushing me!
 More fabric that I could use in this project.  
These are 1030s reproductions fabrics.

Oh, I had one customer this afternoon who was VERY hard of hearing.  Sometimes I could not be sure if he really could not hear, or if he just didn't like my answers.  I had to yell and still I don't think he got everything.  If he could have heard me, I might have suggested a Cochlear Implant.  I had other customers waiting, so could not take the time to make suggestions to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment