Thursday, February 5, 2015

February 4 & 5, 2015

Two Good, Busy Days
February 4 & 5, 2015



You didn't get a blog yesterday because I was too busy, and here I am at the end of another busy, good day finding a few minutes for my blog.  It has been a good time with my friend and she will still be here for several more days. We have talked and talked, and done a lot of listening to each other.  It has been good for both of us.  We agreed tonight that the last two years for both of us have been challenging and not always to our liking, but we both know God is with us and our families are behind us helping in any ways that they can.

Tiny has been working on a quilt in red and white.  She now has all the blocks made and will start laying it out tomorrow.  I am eager to see the results.  I think I have worn her out.  She has headed to bed tonight and I will do the same soon.  She had dinner with a couple of friends this evening and Ron and I had supper with my mom and her helper, Carmen.

Yesterday early in the morning, Tiny went with me as I took my mom to her physical therapy doctor's office.  She was scheduled for a couple of tests to see how the nerves in her legs are functioning.  They found some slight deterioration, but nothing serious.  The tests were not as uncomfortable as we had expected and she did very well.  We took her home and then got to the office in time for lunch.  Ron was out all afternoon and I got several things done that needed my attention.  Tiny continued working on her quilt.

Tiny and I made a quick stop at Wal-Mart on the way home.  Mom needed a rake so Carmen could rake the leaves.  She had been asking for one.  Once we got home we warmed some pinto beans I had prepared earlier and I made cornbread and that is what we had for supper.  It was great.  All three of us loved it. 

Today we were up early again and got to the office a little after 9:00 and Ron was in and out all day on jobs.  I worked on bookkeeping items and made a deposit which I took to the bank after work.  Tiny again worked on her quilt.  I was very busy with customers and was up and down all afternoon especially.  It was good to be busy, but I think I am tired.
Mom trying to translate the menu into Spanish for Carmen

Late in the afternoon, a friend came to take Tiny for an evening in their home.  Meanwhile  I went to the bank, picked up Mom and Carmen, went to pay a bill, and we went to Jason's Deli for supper.

She must have done well since Carmen made a great choice for supper.

 Decision made

Ron knows how to make a lovely bowl of ice cream for me.

Once we got home, Ron and I chatted for a while and then I went to the sewing room for the rest of the evening.  Hearing yesterday was hard, but today it went well.  Many people continue to ask how long our business has been open (76 years). 

No comments:

Post a Comment