Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 15, 2015

Salvation Sermon
February 15, 2015



Last night I did not sleep well.  I went to sleep early, but woke up at 2:00 a.m. and tossed and turned for 2 hours.  At 4:00 a.m. I started reading until 5:00 a.m. and then gave up and got up.  I baked muffins for breakfast and wrote my blog for the previous day.

Ron left for church a little before I did.  We had a good group in class and very good discussion.  Ron brought a good lesson and always encourages discussion.

Mom had asked me to call this morning to see if she wanted me to pick her up for church.  She had a bad cough yesterday and wasn't sure if she would be up to going today, but she was, so I picked her up and we returned in time for church.  She lives close to the church.  We had a guest preacher today and he is excellent in explaining the gospel and telling people what they must do to be saved.  Using the scripture in John 3:16, he very clearly laid out what one must do to come to the Lord for salvation.  Several adults responded to the sermon, coming forward to ask God to forgive their sins, ask Him to come into their hearts and to ask Him to become the Lord of their lives.

The pastor speaking this morning was Dr. Gene Williams.  He has preached here many times before and is very good at presenting the message of salvation in a very clear way.  He is getting well up in years and his health is failing.  As you watch him walk, you worry he may not make the next step, but once he is behind the pulpit, the Word of God pours from him flawlessly.  What a blessing it was to have him in our church today.

After the service Mom went with the Lunch Bunch and we went with Jeff's family to Buddy's Bar-B-Que place along with another family, the Benders.  It was a fun lunch and all the children enjoyed each other's company.

Ron and I came home and relaxed.  We both had headaches for some reason and so it was a quiet afternoon.  He went to his Mom's to take a few things to her that she needed.  He got a late afternoon nap.  I  am trying not to go to sleep early so I can get back on schedule.

Hearing in the restaurant again was hard.  I could hear my grandson sitting on one side of me, my daughter-in-law at the end of the table on the other side of me, and our friend across from me.  That really isn't too bad, but this place is shaped like a barn with very high ceilings, and concrete floor, so I think hearing could be hard for others also.

In church, using my transistor radio and the cable for the Cochlear Sound Processor, I could hear probably 98% of the sermon.  That was great.  The biggest problem there is that if I have the radio hooked to the sound processor I can't hear people next to me speaking to me or hear guests I may be greeting.  So I must make a choice which I want to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment