Friday, June 24, 2016

June 23, 2016

She's Home!
June 23, 2016



After about 7 weeks in the hospital, a hospital/rehab facility, and a rehab facility, Ron's mother came home to our own house this afternoon.  She is a happy lady!  She is still weak from the weeks in bed, but is improving each day.  Ron is staying over there tonight to be sure she is doing alright, but should be at the office to open up in the morning.

Last night I mentioned that our air conditioning closet had water in it.  Ron had worked on it but it was still that way this morning, so he called our friend who is an air conditioning man and he and his helper arrived about noon.  They worked on it briefly, but it did not solve the problem, so they should be back tomorrow.

Being home all morning was a treat for me and I spent it cleaning house.  I made a lot of progress but there is still plenty to be done.

On my way to the office just after noon, I stopped by my mom's house to leave an arrangement of zinnias and then went to the grocery store to get something Ron's mom needed.  As soon as I got to the office, Ron left on a job and got back just before it was time for him to go pick up his mom.

The afternoon at the office was busy enough to keep me occupied.  I had a couple of funny customers.  I mean funny in that they were just happy and joking around.  One was a big guy on a motorcycle and had tattoos all over.  But his shirt was of  Popeye the cartoon character, on a motorcycle.  He was wanting a Popeye key for the motorcycle. They only make the cartoon keys in house keys and I have not seen a Popeye one.

The other funny one is a regular and he had recently had gallbladder and hernia surgery and decided to show me his scars.  He was telling me the doctor said for 3 more weeks not to life anything heavy.  After he left, I picked up the item he left to have worked on and it was very heavy.  I am sure his doctor would not approve.

After work I stopped by my mom's to leave some batteries she needed.  My brother and his wife had arrived this afternoon, but I didn't have time to stay and visit since I needed to get home and fix supper so Ron could eat before he went to stay at his mom's.

Naturally it was a quiet evening around here.  I did just see on the news that the United Kingdom voted to leave the European Union.  That should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment