Wednesday, June 22, 2016

June 22, 2016

The Middle of the Week
June 22, 2016




Again, the days are flying by.  Today I had to open the office while Ron went to the dermatologist, who ended up burning several spots off his face.  Mid-morning, my friend Dolores came by to pick up a quilt top that was ready to be quilted.  It is just a fun, kid quilt.  I look forward to getting it finished.  I still need to put the binding on some that she has machine quilted for me.

About 3:00, my friend brought the quilt back with the machine quilting done on it.  It is great to have gotten it back so quickly.  I had pieced it several years ago and considered making it larger, but decided to stop where I was.  It will be a nice baby quilt.
Ron's zinnia flower bed
 
At the office I managed to get some cleaning done (not much) and I enjoyed two nice visits with my friend Dolores when she picked up the quilt and when she brought it back.  I don't get a lot of visitors at the office.

After work we met our friends for supper.  The place was not as busy as it has been many evenings.  The food was very good and as always we had a good time visiting.  On the way out we ran into other friends.  It was a long time friend of mine and her two adult children.  Had a nice,  quick visit with them.

Once I got home, I picked close to 60 zinnias and two miniature rose buds.  I watered some plants and filled the bird baths.  Then came in the house to escape the mosquitoes.  Later I got some laundry done and talked to our daughter-in-law in New Mexico.   Had a brief talk with my son in Dallas.



No comments:

Post a Comment