Thursday, June 2, 2016

June 2, 2016

Get out the Sandbags!
June 2, 2016


Ron sandbagging the doors
 
If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know that for the last couple of months I have really been battling drowsiness during the day.  Just a couple of days ago, one of the doctors changed a prescription I had been on for the last month.  The month before that, another doctor had tried me on two other new medications.  All three of those had made me very sleepy.  The newest one has only been for 3 days, but it seems to be better as far as the drowsiness.  I still put my head down on my desk at work for a bit this morning and I think I may have slept a few minutes, but it was not the overwhelming need for sleep that I have had the last couple of months.  It is not perfect - I have been having an upset stomach, but they say that should go away in a bit.
 Our side street at the office
 
At the office today, we had a pretty steady stream of customers all day except for the part of the day when the streets were flooded around the office.  I got the posting for last month all done and the statements printed out and prepared.  Ron checked them before folding them and putting them in the envelopes.  He got those done while I made a trip to the bank to make a deposit.
Looking out the front door
 
Around noon today, Ron came to my office and led me out front to see that the water was part way up the step into the showroom.  I held the doors open while he sandbagged the two doors.  As usual, people drove through the water sending waves our way.  The drain at the corner did not seem to be working and the water was just draining down the street.
Ron's car
 
We met our friends for supper and while in there, the clouds to the North built up and looked rather ominous when we got out after supper.  I had planned to stop for milk and bread, but decided against that and hurried home.  It turned out that section of the storm missed us.  The evening has been filled with lightening and thunder.
 Storm this evening that skipped us.

No comments:

Post a Comment