Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7, 2014

Happy Birthday to a Grandson!
September 7, 2014



One of our grandsons turned 15 years old today.  I know I say this a lot, but where have the years gone?  He was just a tiny baby a few years ago and now he towers over me.  He is such an interesting young man.  He has a lot of interests and talents.  He is an amazing piano player and quickly memorizes music.  He likes to bake and decorate cakes, play basketball, play video games, work with electronics, build and design with LEGOs, and enjoys working with young children at the church.  He went on a mission trip this summer to help at an orphanage in southern Mexico.  He loves to read and is quick to smile.  He is a great young man.  I told you I would show you the birthday cake I made so here he is, with it.
We went to our son's home for breakfast to celebrate the birthday.  Our daughter-in-law had made home made cinnamon rolls for us to enjoy. 
This was the second pan of the delicious pastry!

Part of the breakfast party
The rest of the group.
Following breakfast we all headed to church.  Our Sunday School class was great and then the worship service was very good.  The pastor finished up a sermon series on the reasons that we suffer.  It has been an excellent study.
Gift opening time.
As we left after church, the rain clouds were moving back in from the coast and before lunch, we had a heavy downpour.  The lights flickered several times.  We all were back at our son's house for lunch of pizza, salad, and that cake for dessert.  It was so fresh tasting and was delicious.  My mom had been to lunch with friends and arrived just in time for cake.

This precious grandson just started piano lessons this week and declared after his lesson, "This is my best day ever!"  He has slept with his piano book so he would remember to practice fist thing in the mornings and played his first piece for us - from memory.  He LOVES playing piano!  Hope that lasts!  That means 5 of their children are in piano this year.

As Ron and I left their house about 3:30, the clouds were building again and they were beautiful.  I just kept saying they were so pretty.  I was driving home, so Ron took a few photos. 
Once we arrived at home, I filled bird feeders and birdbaths.  The birds were very active and later in the afternoon while Ron napped I took photos of the birds.  Several migrating birds had arrived and treated me to their antics.  The warblers as usual loved the waterfalls.
Kentucky Warbler
Canada Warbler
The Tufted Titmice flitted around all afternoon.
Probably over 100 sparrows stayed around for the afternoon.
After all the rain, things in the yard are blooming and growing rapidly.


As for my hearing today, I did well with the sermon and better at my son's house than I had recently.  I was pleased.  I had to have some things repeated, but not too many.  I think I had told you in the past that I had trouble hearing the melody on the piano.  I found that 5 keys on the piano sound the same to me.  In the beginning, it was 8 keys.  I hope that means I am getting better at discerning the music!
Bronzed Cowbird
Wrapped up the evening with a phone call to our daughter in law in New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment