Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 21, 2014

Many Things Going On 
September 21, 2014


 Hooded Warbler - Male
Last night I went to bed early and thought I would get a good night's sleep, but I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep, so it turned into a long day.  Our Sunday School class was great.  We have such a caring group of friends in there.  One of the things we needed to do today was select people to fill some positions in the class.  Some great folks agreed to take care of some planning areas and they were the right people for the jobs. 

Then in church, our pastor delivered a very good sermon after arriving home at 3:00 this morning from a conference in north Texas.  It was a long drive home, but he did great.  It basically was a sermon on following God's directions when you feel He has told you to do something.  It was a good service.

We stayed and visited for a long time after church and then went with our son's family to Wendy's for lunch.  We had a good time chatting and catching up.  The sky was looking like we were in for another big rain, but it by-passed us.  That was alright.  There is rain water standing in many yards around town, so we really don't need it at the moment.
 Notice the chocolate ice cream drips on his face.  The grandchildren were all happy and enjoyed their lunches.  We had a great visit.

On the way to lunch, I had checked my phone for messages and I had one from my sister telling me she had called an ambulance to take my mom to the hospital with the severe back pains.  It turned out when they checked on her at the hospital that she also had a mild case of pneumonia so they admitted her and are going to be treating her for now.  I know that God worked it out for her to be with my sister during this time since she can be there to take care of Mom.  My brother has gone to help for a couple of days. 
This was the dark gray sky on our way home after lunch.  I was just sure we would get some of that rain.
The clouds were beautiful today.

At home, I spent the afternoon sewing, reading, and taking some bird photos.  The male Hooded Warbler is one of my favorites.  This one posed for me a few times.
He is so striking!  Every time he flew across the yard I would see a streak of yellow.  He is fast.
This is probably the female Hooded Warbler.  She was playing on the waterfall this afternoon, but the male is so much more striking.
All afternoon my sister and I exchanged  texts and I sent out an email to my kids and a couple of close friends.  Mom is 91, so it makes recovery a little more challenging, but she has been in pretty good health and very active.  Please continue to pray for her to have a full recovery quickly.  She doesn't like to be inactive!
Today I had more trouble hearing than I have lately.  I think the filter on my Cochlear sound processor needs to be changed and I hope that will take care of the problem.  It was frustrating this morning in our Sunday School class.  As the class discussed some things, they would turn to be for additional information and I would not know what the question was.  I just couldn't hear them. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment