Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September 10, 2014

Interesting Day of Varied Activities
September 10, 2014

Thankfully, I was up earlier than I have been lately and without a headache.  I had breakfast and then took care of the feeders, ponds, and birdbaths for the birds.  Even with all the recent rain, the hanging baskets dry out fast in this heat, so they needed water this morning.  I did see a few Ruby-throated Hummingbirds in our yard this morning and was pleased to see them.  I refilled the large hummingbird feeder and put out oranges for the Orioles. 

On the way to the office, I went by the office of my orthopedic surgeon to see if I could get copies of my x-rays.  I am pleased with his work, but would like a set of the x-rays.  A friend asked about one and also I think it would help me better understand exactly what was done.  The power was off at their office and they said they would call me tomorrow about it.  P.U.B. our local power company was there trying to solve the problem.  They were using a flashlight to take patients down the hall.  I hope they weren't leaving them in dark rooms or they may have more bones to set by the end of the day.

From there I went to the office supply store and they had a new clerk who was a delight.  She was so friendly and upbeat.  It was a pleasure to deal with her.  I could hear her, too.  The previous one was nice, but very hard for me to hear.  I needed ink for our printers at the office and after getting that, I stopped to get ice for the office. 

At the office we were a little busier.  Ron was out for a couple of hours on a couple of jobs.  Of course, it got busy while he was gone.  One man just wanted to talk...and talk...and talk.  I was trying to do some things in my office, but stayed to listen.  At least I could hear him.  Eventually other customers came in, so he left. 

I have been making a photo book on line.  I have made several and it does get a little easier with practice.  I was making the book about our Family Gathering this past summer.  That was a nice get together and I think everyone had a good time.  It was fun working with the photos again.  I finished the book and got it ordered and then they extended the free offer for one more day.  At least it is done.  I answered a couple of emails and then did some bookkeeping. 

At the end of the day, Ron had to go fix his mom's TV.  Every once in a while she gets the remote messed up and he has to fix it.  Same thing happens at my house.  He has to fix mine.  She and I would have to do without TV without him.  Guess we will keep him.  I stopped by the drug store and then came home. 

Once I got home I took fresh oranges out for the orioles after I saw one at the hummingbird feeder.  They do like that sugar water in the feeders.  It is such a treat for me to be able to sit in my sewing room and watch the various birds enjoying our backyard.  I had the window open to take these photos and could hear the hummingbirds and some other bird calling loudly. 

I did listen to the President's speech tonight.  One Facebook friend commented tonight that the US has confirmed that ISIS has plans to infiltrate the southern border.  My friend said, "Now maybe they will take it seriously."  Right.  I remember the congressman a few years ago that said he would like our southern border moved further north.  I hope they start taking this seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment