Friday, September 19, 2014

September 19, 2014

So Glad It Is Friday!
September 19, 2014


As we were leaving the cafeteria after supper this evening

Friday!!  Happy Dance!!  I know for many people, Friday is their favorite day of the work week.  I guess it is for me, but mostly because our grandson usually spends the day with us.  We delight in his humor and how he takes our teasing.  He helped me a lot today with cleaning and filing.  We had a good time.  Ron was out on jobs much of the day and then had to meet the cable repairman at the house in the middle of the afternoon and was gone the rest of the day.

As I was about to leave the house this morning, Stephen called and we talked about wedding things.  He was heading to work.  When we finished our chat, I went to pick up our oldest grandson and we went to the office.  Ron left a few minutes later on a couple of jobs.  There were a lot of walk-in customers in the office today.  I was glad to have my grandson with me. 

We had a couple of customers today who stayed and talked for long periods of time.  Maybe they were enjoying the air conditioning.  It was about 90 degrees with a heat index of 103.  I couldn't believe the weather report said the island was having a heat index of 108!  How crazy is that?  It is usually cooler at the island.

One of the talkative customers was an attorney who proved to be interesting, but long winded.  Maybe that is why he is good at his job.  Another was a lady who is a regular and I was delighted to see her.  The third comes in often and we had a nice chat.  I may sound like a broken record but it sure is nice to be able to hear!  Last night driving home I got to thinking about an incident that happened about 13 years ago when something was going on I really needed to hear and we had asked for help and none was offered.  I realized how bad was hearing was even back then.

After work our daughter-in-law came to pick up the two oldest grandsons.  The second had been dropped off by his other grandmother after lunch and had quietly sat in a corner reading all afternoon.  I chatted for a few minutes with Barb and then came home.  Ron had finally finished with the cable man and we went to supper.  When we came out of the cafeteria, the clouds were beautiful.
 Leaving cafeteria
As we turned to head to our house just before we arrived home, I hollered for Ron to stop so I could take a photo of the sunset.  It was so unique and beautiful.
The sunset looks like a burst of fire headed to the American flag in front of the Credit Union.
This is just a couple of blocks from our house.

Mom is still in pain with her back so my sister took her to the ER today and they found she has a transverse fracture in the body of the first lumbar vertebrae and that explains the severe back pain she has been having.  They gave her a pain shot and sent her home with my sister since they say there is little they can do for her.  It will just take time.  Please remember her in your prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment