Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 16, 2014

Some Blue Skies!
September 16, 2014



This morning the trees were still dripping from overnight showers, but as the morning progressed, blue skies peaked out from the clouds and the day was partly cloudy with no rain at our house or office.  Having fallen asleep at the computer last night, I woke up early today and worked on finishing yesterday's blog.  Then I did just a little work in the yard, but the mosquitoes and I don't get along.  They bite.  I hit. 

On the way to the office I went by Mom's since I had not gotten by there yesterday.  All was well and I went on to the office.  I had not been at the office at all yesterday so I had mail to attend to and bookkeeping to do.  Ron was out on a few jobs and errands and I waited on customers.  One was an elderly man.  When the man returned this afternoon to pick up his item, Ron waited on him.  After the man was gone, Ron asked how I could understand the man because he had trouble understanding him.  It made me feel good because I didn't have a problem with him.

After my lunch, I needed to go to Harlingen to see my urologist for an annual checkup.  It was a quick visit.  All was well.  From there I went by the quilt shop and picked up a couple of sale items.  While I was on the way to Harlingen, the a/c in my car quit cooling and I was rather warm!  With the mosquitoes being so bad, I hated to roll down the windows, but did so on the way home.  I will need to take it in for repairs in the morning.
Green Kingfisher
Back at the office, I worked on a few things and then left a little early to get ready for the quilt group.  Our son Stephen called and updated me on the things he has been checking on for the wedding.  He has so many things to do and so little time to get them done.  I worked briefly in the yard and was delighted to see a Green Kingfisher fly from one section of our yard to another.
Probably a Couch's Kingbird
I spotted a Kingbird high in a tree in the backyard along with a sparrow also perched in the same tree.  They wanted me to go away so they could go finish the food in the bird feeders.

The quilt group showed up right on time and we had a good time together.  There were 5 of us here tonight.  After they left, I talked to our daughter-in-law in New Mexico.  It was a good day.  The Green Kingfisher was an added bonus to my day.  I love seeing birds I don't expect to see in the yard.  I have seen a Green Kingfisher once before in the yard, but they can be hard to spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment