Saturday, September 6, 2014

September 6, 2014

Finally a Good Haircut!
September 6, 2014



To some of you, it may not matter if you have a good haircut.  Lately, I have really had trouble finding a good hairdresser.  I had one I liked but she left the shop where I had been going.  I let her boss do it a couple of times and was not happy.  I tried two others with even less success.  Today I decided to go back to the boss at the original shop.  She did a very nice job and said she has cut way back on what customers she will take since she is not replacing the other lady and she wants more quality and less quantity.  I think she achieved that with me.  I was pleased.  It is not perfect, but much closer and I can live with it.  It is barely over 2 months until Stephen's wedding and I would like for my hair to look pretty for that event.  The main thing I want is for the Cochlear Sound Processor to be covered.  To me that seems fairly simple.
Note that my left arm is working well as I mowed the yard this morning.
I was up early.  In the previous blog I mentioned that I napped Friday evening from 8-12 and was concerned that I might have trouble sleeping.  I did.  I didn't get to sleep until 5:00 this morning and then had to be up at 6:45 to get ready for the housekeeper.  After she arrived, I mowed the back yard and did a little trimming out there.  Then at 11:00 I went for my haircut.  Meanwhile, Ron worked on an area we call "the enclosure".  It is where we had a pad built for our motor home when we moved out here 39 years ago and the deed restrictions said if you had a motor home, it had to be fenced from view.  That meant a tall fence.  So that has been our storage area for yard "junk".  Ron has been working on that for two or three weeks.
Canada Warbler
This afternoon I noticed a little bird hanging around the window closest to my computer desk.  It was a Canada Warbler.  Migration has begun.  I told Ron that was the closest I had seen one to the house.  They usually stay out around the waterfalls, but that is where he has been cleaning.  I told him the little bird was telling me that his regular reservation for housing during migration time was not there.  I think they have stayed in the enclosure during migration.  I also had an oriole today and a few days ago I had a Yellow Warbler.  I love migration time!  The birds are such a delight.
Young Oriole - not sure which kind.  Anyone want to guess?
For a little while in the early afternoon I went to do a little shopping.  One of our grandsons has a birthday tomorrow and I promised to bake the birthday cake and needed some decorations.  I picked up a few things while I was out and then returned home to answer some emails and cut out some quilt squares.  I did a little sewing and then made lunch about 3:00 and supper about 10:00.

I spent some time in the late afternoon photographing birds.  There were a lot of White-winged Doves (White-wing hunting season opened today and they know they are safe at my house and my feeders are full).
This young dove was not letting the grackle beside it, chase it away,
 but it kept its wings ready for a quick escape!

I baked the birthday cake, frosted and decorated it.  I will show photos tomorrow, but not before he gets to see it.  I don't always have time to do their cakes, but love doing them when I can.  There is another grandson birthday in a few days.  They come fast this time of the year in our family!
Ron and I both found lots of mushrooms/toad stools in the yard this morning as we worked.  There were several varieties.  Interesting.  He took this great photo above.
A young sparrow on the birdbath.

No comments:

Post a Comment