Thursday, September 18, 2014

September 18, 2014

Thursday Night Supper
September 18, 2014



Here I am starting with the end of the day instead of the beginning.  Normally on Thursday nights we go out to supper with my mother.  Usually she lets us select the place and we go to Luby's Cafeteria or Jason's Deli, or once in a while somewhere else.  Mom hurt her back about a week ago and is really having a lot of pain.  My sister, Janet is taking excellent care of her, but we sure missed her at supper tonight.  We went to a hamburger place and thankfully it was not crowded because it can get very noisy, but I sure do like their hamburgers and sweet potato fries.

At supper I started out having to have Ron repeat everything.  Then he suggested we trade sides of the table and it did help a lot.  The food was great and we enjoyed the time together. 

This morning I had to be at the office a little earlier than I have been going lately.  Ron had an appointment in Harlingen later in the morning and ended up being gone for about 3 hours.  While he was gone I had a good number of customers in and did pretty well helping and hearing almost all of them.  One or two were a little challenging.  Just before Ron got back, one man came in and over-stayed his welcome.  He was beginning to annoy me - not threatening or anything like that, just noisy and a little rude (wanted to use our Wi-Fi and stuff like that).  I finally got him headed out the door about the time Ron got back. 

While Ron was gone I did some cleaning and then paid bills.  I had some emails to send out and other office chores.  It was not a very exciting day.  One customer was a massage therapist and wanted me to make an appointment with her.  Actually it was tempting.  Before we went to supper, I went by Mom's house and her yard is looking so pretty. 

After we ate supper, Ron came home and I went to do a little shopping.  I went to Target to get a wedding gift list printout for my son and soon to be daughter-in-law.  They still have things to add but it helped me see what some of the color choices are.  Then I went to Khol's.  I have mentioned this before, but they send me $10 gift cards pretty often.  I had one of those and a $5 reward card from there so I went to use them before they expired.  There was nothing that I saw that I really needed so again, I used them on baby outfits for the Bundles of Love that we prepare at the church in February each year for the pregnancy testing center and other places to distribute to young women when they have their babies and have no supplies for them.  This time, I got four outfits, using my two cards and spent 65 cents.  They were all on the 70% off sale rack.  Yea!  My kind of shopping! 

After leaving there, I stopped at Walgreen's and got a phone call from the mother of Stephen's fiance.  She wanted to talk about what the two of us will be wearing for the wedding.  I told her I would call her back when I got home - just too hard to hear in the store.  I still struggled to hear her at home, but we managed to get through most of the things we needed to discuss.  She is such a sweet, kind lady.  Stephen is going to be getting a great mother-in-law.  She is very thoughtful.  Neither of us has done any looking for what we will wear for the wedding.  I will see what she selects first.

No comments:

Post a Comment