Saturday, September 13, 2014

September 13, 2014

Too Tired To Type
September 13, 2014



There was not a blog yesterday because I was "Too Tired To Type" at the end of the day.  I was just sleepy.  We had gotten up early to go to the Birthday Breakfast for our youngest grandson at Burger King.  We arrived a good bit before the rest of the family.  How can seven children be so happy and full of energy at 7:30 in the morning?  Our youngest granddaughter bounced and bounced around and was such a delight to watch.  The birthday boy was in a very good mood, taking time after each gift to go and hug the giver - even when it was a sister. 
Or a brother.
There had been rain overnight before the breakfast party and it was still rainy and overcast.  The restaurant was very cold.  That is fine for me, but not for everyone.
This one shivered and shivered until her sister went to the car and found an extra pair of socks.
Before long it was time for the gifts.
It is hard to believe the birthday boy turned 6 years old.  He is such a handsome guy and the most energetic of the bunch.  His dad and I discussed how hard it is to get a photo of him that is not blurred because he is never still.
The kids just had FUN.  We about had the place to ourselves, so hearing was easier than usual.  What I did hear was laughter, appreciation, and kind words.  They are a great bunch of grandchildren.
His next oldest brother thought all the gifts were great, too.  They had a super fun day playing with all the neat toys.

I left the breakfast and returned home for a little while before going to the office.  I got my lunch to take with me, went to work and spent the rest of the day working on an assortment of projects.  We were much busier than usual - especially for a Friday afternoon.  Lately Friday afternoons have been very slow, but not yesterday.  We were both working the counter and Ron was trying to answer a variety of phone calls and place some orders.  We appreciate the business.  Then, since we were so busy, the credit card man who spent so much time at the office a few days ago, was back to set up the new machine.  It was about time for me to leave to go take care of my grandchildren so their mother could go out of town to see her dad who is in a rehab center for a while as he recovers from some recent surgery.  She will be gone a few days, so I will spend Monday with the children again. 

Before I went to their house, I stopped by the orthopedic surgeon's office to pick up a CD with photos of my x-rays on my broken elbow.  When I arrived at our son's home, his wife said her flight had been delayed so we visited for a while as she finished getting things ready to go.  I had never seen the movie Frozen and the kids wanted to watch it with me.  We watched it to help distract the youngest who was not thrilled that her mom was leaving again. 

After the movie, I fixed supper and about the time I was going to get things on the table I dropped a bowl that shattered into about 1,000 pieces that flew throughout the kitchen, into the computer area, the pantry, the entry way, the family room, and the dining room.  How in the world?  The next to youngest of the boys had been asking for chores so he could earn some money.  I had not yet thought of any and without saying a word, he began picking up the broken pieces and helped until it was all done.  That earned him some money and a big hug from an appreciative grandma.

While we were cleaning, their dad arrived home from work, and helped with the last of the clean-up and then he changed clothes while I got supper on the table.  The kids were hungry and good eaters.  Before we finished supper, a downpour of rain started.  As soon as it let up, I headed home leaving them to clean up the dishes so I would not get caught by the next band of rain.  After I arrived home, I decided it was time for a relaxing bath and bedtime. 

During the night we had another heavy rain.  Ron and I were both up early this morning when the housekeeper arrived.  He left to run a couple of errands and I did some picking up of things that my helper would not know where to put.  The birds were at the feeders and I kept them full.  Ron had gone to get more seed.  I like the kind from Loop Farms better than what I get at Wal-Mart and so do the birds. 
It was cool and overcast - cool by the numbers on the thermometer, but it was very humid and sticky.  The birds were glad to have the fresh food delivery.  It was a lazy, laid back day.  I did some sewing, some cooking, some cleaning, some organizing, and a little bit of bird photography.  The mosquitoes are so bad outside, that my pictures were taken from inside.  About 2:15, it got very dark and by 2:30 we had another downpour. 
That grass will be knee high before it is dry enough for me to mow it.  While it was raining, Stephen called and he is still looking for a place for the rehearsal dinner.  Time is running out!  We had a good talk as the rain continued.
As you can see, water was standing in the yard.  The rain came off and on during the afternoon and so did the birds.  About an hour into the rain, they came back out of their hiding places to eat as the rain continued - not as hard as earlier, but still steady.  Thankfully, Ron put the sandbags out at the office yesterday before he left.  We have not gone to check, but we expect it was good they were out.

No comments:

Post a Comment