Saturday, November 9, 2013

November 8, 2013

Finally Friday
November 8, 2013

Again, I was too tired last night to get the blog done, so I am working on it early Saturday morning. When we got up Friday morning, my husband took the trash out since it was trash pick up day.  He came back in for my camera and captured some beautiful shots of the sunrise.  I thought I would share them with you today. 

 It was a fairly busy day at the office with customers, but also with my bookkeeping work.  The bank statement finally came so that I could close out the last month and get the reports ready for the accountant.  The trip to Houston the previous week was fun and refreshing, but I came home physically tired and then hit the ground running, so that the whole week, I was tired.  Hopefully this weekend I can catch up a little.  I have not done grocery shopping all week and have lots of household chores awaiting the housekeeper and me today.

Our oldest grandson was at the office part of the day yesterday so he and I got a lot of things done.  Then right after he left to go help one of the men at the church on some intercom issues, our oldest granddaughter came to help me.  She did some cleaning and trash gathering.  It is such a blessing to spend time with the grand children one-on-one.  They love life and have so many fun ideas.

Our Friday night supper with friends was delayed as the man was in a meeting, but we had a good visit when we got together.  Interesting thing happened at the restaurant.  The place we have been going lately is a small Mexican food restaurant that does its main business in the mornings and lunch, so that it is not too busy in the evenings which is one thing we like about it.  By the time we had our food, there were no other customers in the place.  Then a noisy group with small children came in and looked all over the place and chose the table behind us.  The tables are close together and it is hard to get in and out when someone sits right behind you.  But they chose to sit right behind our two guys.  That cut my hearing ability about in  half.  Then a smaller group came in and sat across from us.  At that point we left and visited in the parking lot for 20 minutes or so.  There are probably 24 tables in the place.  Strange.

I did try the focus setting which didn't seem to work on the previous Cochlear sound processor, and it may have helped a little in the restaurant until the large bunch moved in next to us.  There seems to me to be some low level static on this one that I didn't have on the previous one.  It is noticeable when things are quiet, but not when there is noise around me.

When we got home, I did a little cleaning and read a little before heading to bed a little early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment