Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 31, 2013

And the Aggies Win!
December 31, 2013

When the Texas A&M University teams win, you can hear "Whoop!" being yelled by their supporters.  I heard a lot of "Whoops" this evening!  The Texas Aggies were down during the early part of the Chick-fil-A Bowl football game tonight, but came back strong and played a good game, coming out victorious!  Three of our four sons are Texas Aggies.  Funny thing is, the one who isn't an Aggie is the one who was here with us this evening.  He is a Texas Longhorn, but isn't really an avid football fan, so things were OK here tonight.  I was delighted to be able to hear the game, thanks to my Cochlear Implant! 


Today was another gray, cold day, but only a little rain fell.  The birds were out in full force this morning to get to the feeders.  I continued my duck wars and tried out my new Christmas gifts to chase the ducks out of the yard.  They do seem to be afraid of the Nerf blaster.  The first few shots they just watched, but then decided they better leave, so off they went - for a while.

This morning I had to be at the office a little early so Ron could go out on a job.  I did a lot of the bookkeeping work while he was out, since it is not only the end of the month, but the end of the year.  I will still need to do the billing when I go back after the holiday tomorrow, but I did accomplish a lot today.  I left the office around 4:00 and went to the bank on the way home. 

Bob and Vickey were at the house doing some packing and Vickey was working on her projects.  I helped her some and then they left to go see the grandmas.  I relaxed while they were gone by taking a nice hot bath.  While in there I thought I would get out when I heard them come back.  Eventually I got out and as I did it dawned on me that I had my sound processor off as I always do when bathing or showering and so there was no way I would hear them!  Duh!!  They had been back for a while but I never heard a thing. 

We had bacon sandwiches for supper and Vickey continued work on her fleece projects.  Then when those were complete, we moved to the sewing room to work on the quilt she is doing for Bob.  I had done some of the piecing last night and she took over and is making good progress.
We rang in the new year by continuing work on the quilt top.  Working on a quilt is a great way to start any year!


No comments:

Post a Comment